1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Call to Action - Poke the League Against Cruel Sports in the eye.

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by corkyballs, Dec 27, 2013.

1. corkyballs

corkyballs Blenny

Seasons Greetings, and in the spirit of good will its time for you to do something to defend shooting sports.

The linked page helps make fantastic donations to charities to help those in need. However the current leading charity is LACS - The League Against Cruel Sports - who actively campaign against hunting, shooting and fishing.

We must ensure that this £1000 donation is not used against field sports and therefore I urge you all to vote for other charities in defence of our sports.

https://www.facebook.com/SitecoreUK?sk=app_1382211882028641&app_data

The close leader is the Royal British legion, and i would much rather the donation went to them, as opposed to helping LACS.

By not voting you may as well have voted for LACS and therefore voted against you own sport.

It takes two minutes. Please spread the word far and wide. Tight lines :)

2. esoxuk

esoxuk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well spotted Ian.. I've replied
    Phil

3. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

voted and passed on

4. kayos

kayos Guest

It's a scam gentlemen to plunder all your facebook friends details. Do it at your peril, you will have some seriously annoyed friends when they get bombarded with spam emails!!!

5. corkyballs

corkyballs Blenny

I'll take the risk that its a scam. Dontcwant those b@st@rds at LACS getting anything.

6. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

dont want them pigs getting in. sage passed it to me n i passed it on also.

mick

7. bucko

bucko New Member

I have looked at this closely (Having worked with social media/online work for some time) and its not quite a scam- its a legit, but misleading way of getting your details.
    The charities they have chosen are a bit random- and my guess its to create an online stink.
    The LACS will campaign to get it, supporters of British Legion will be outraged and all the time more people will get involved- with the firm running it laughing all the way to the bank.
    My take on it is that its only a grand- hardly a game changing amount and secondly it has given LACS new platforms for debate (like on here????). It pays to view everything like this with a healthy dose of cynicism- scratch the surface and all is not what it seems.
    Secondly- what a sad, selfish world we live in when starving people, those suffering with cancer, those needing aid in warzones etc come second to animals (fluffier pictures?????) :'(