1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of casting history made today .

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by arc, Apr 14, 2013.

1. arc

arc Blenny

Today at NESA's comp at Kirkleathem Redcar, Jamie Blakeman casting OTG had a cast of 281.75 m ( 308yds) on the 150g , the first cast over 300yds at an event in the north of the country . Well done that man .

2. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

thats a fantastic cast big Danny better watch out Jamie will taking his crown well done that man

3. Steve

Steve Rockling

fantastic off the ground cast. hope to see some big distances when he comes down to driffield this year

4. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Well done Jamie.
    Cheers Col.

5. Haka007

Haka007 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Better Than All The Rest!

Well done! Wish i knew about these things, would be good to watch.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

6. wilky

wilky Blenny

who needs a boat when you can chuck that far. Never mastered pendulum myself so to hear that was otg gives me hope as well

7. Safc Liam

Safc Liam Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hes brilliant like

Used to watch him and his dad cast on hendon prom before comps, rather impressive to say the least

8. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

that's a massive cast ,well done.how does the wind facter come into the equation,does it have to be blow a certain strength for a record

9. rubbish

rubbish New Member

thats awesome, had a bloke called bob collins teaching me but only managed 57 yards so packed in :wink: . may try again oneday. :laugh: :laugh:

10. Hairybeast

Hairybeast Blenny

awesome, well done Jamie

11. arc

arc Blenny

It was only 55 ..... and it was feet not yards :laugh: :laugh:

12. arc

arc Blenny

Most pb casts are done in good conditions i.e decent winds , low pressure etc but conditions can vary from caster to caster on the oche its very much a lottery as to what you get . Yesterday at Kirkleathem at times the wind was in your face at the oche , down the court at the 150 mark and cross court at the 240 ( its just the way Kirkleathem is , surrounded by trees and with any wind being very cyclonic ).
    When Jamie cast yesterday the preferred side of the court was the left , Jamies cast was in the centre of the right hand side thereby casting slightly across the wind making even more remarkable .

Jamies 300 yard cast https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E-4ZHno68xU

13. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Wow, wish I could get an appreciation of just how far that really went:) impressive technique

14. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

Blimey - his rod is longer than I can cast :laugh:

Think I must practice with a bigger arc Bob - I'm afraid I've only added about 20 yards since your lesson on Redcar beach - unlike Slug :wink:

Well done Jamie though - brilliant cast mate :cheesy:

15. robq

robq Rockling

Most of the 300 plussers are done at steyning where for the most of the time they cast down a hill !! obviously if the lead has 30 or 40ft further to drop its is going to travel further :cheesy:

Not that I am taking anything away from the guys that cast there because they are still monster casts :yes:

HOWEVER !! for Jamie to do it on a flat feild ( whatever the wind conditions ) Its an amazing cast and probably a world record groundcast ???

Well done Jamie :yes:

When are you going to try and get the 300g record back off me ?? :cheesy: :cheesy:

16. slug

slug Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i think a northern 300 has been coming as there are a few lads capable of doing it but the feeling was that it would come from the north west not kirkleatham, and for jamie to beat the old court record by nearly 20m is just awesome! :surprise: :surprise:glad i was there to witness it.
    it certainly shows the potential of otg if you are prepared to stick at it, like many others i rushed off otg to get into pendulum at first it paid off but now ive hit a patch of bad form with timing all over the place makes me think if i should go back to otg.

17. Haka007

Haka007 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Better Than All The Rest!

So how would we find out about these events? I think it would be good to watch the comps.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

18. Safc Liam

Safc Liam Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Reckon he'll ever beat big dannys record?

19. bazz b

bazz b Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

he has his official one anyway by 3 metres :scare: :scare:

UKSF Recognised World Records

Danny Moeskops - Belgium

April '06

Huntingdon, England

125gm/0.28mm

270.64m

Danny Moeskops - Belgium

April '04

Huntingdon, England.

150gm/0.31mm

278.96m

Danny Moeskops - Belgium

August '04

Huntingdon, England.

175gm/0.35mm

276.58m

Danny Moeskops - Belgium

August '04

Huntingdon, England.

20. arc

arc Blenny

For anyone interested here are this years casting dates .

march 17th
    april 14th
    may 12th
    june 9th
    july 21st
    aug 4th
    aug 25th
    sept 29th
    oct 27th

Casting starts at 9am and continues till 5 pm . We start to set up the court etc from 8am so would appreciate if people could be there well before casting commences as from 9am we have control of the field and for safety reasons barrier off all the entrances and lock the main gates , members can gain access after 9 by using the lock code .
    For new members or spectators coming for the first time its best to arrive early and be aware of any warning signs / barriers in place if we are casting from the far end of the field do not cross the barriers until some one indicates its safe to do so .

Everything you need to know .

The casting season starts this year from March and ends October.

Events start at 9.00am till 5.00pm. we ask endlessly for all casters be on the field before 9.00am as to secure the entrances

Any rod can be used for surfcasting ,minimum of 3 rod rings plus tip ring

Any reel that can be used for fishing can be used on the field ,eg ....penn 525, abu 5500/6500, diawa 7hts etc,fixed spool,alvey reels etc .

Line and leaders must be high visibility (to aid crack off recovery and public safety).

Running line; 0.35mm for 175/200gm
    0.31mm for 150gm
    0.28mm for 125gm
    0.25mm for 50/75/100gm
    Shock leader;0.75mm for 150/175/200gm
    0.65mm for 50/75/100/125gm

These are all minimum sizes so for someone coming for the first time a reel filled with 0.35 mm would allow him/her to cast all leads using a 0.75mm leader .

Lines and leaders should be available at any local tackle dealer .

Sinkers- DCA and UK hooks 100/125gm etc are to be used for tournament casting. imperial weighted sinkers ie 5oz/6oz are not allowed .

Kirkleatham show field is situated approx 1 mile from Redcar , the post code is TS10 5NW for sat nav users,100m north of Kirkleatham Museum.
    We ask all members to be on the field before 9.00am so we can close the gates to the public (safety).

Membership for 2013 is £15,this includes first event fee ,then £5 for each event attended thereafter for 2012. Day caster fees are £8 per event.

Juniors are welcome ,membership is free ,but must be accompanied by an adult at all times .

We have some very good casters at the club, willing to help any one gain distance or to improve their casting abilities , at least 3 instructors available and it's free advice .
    See all the latest rods ,reels , conversions, and the craic is second to none .