1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 bargate. What a night

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by simon22, Nov 5, 2016.

1. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi. Fished the beach at 5 bar last night. Got there 3 hours before low and was into fish right away. I put back 7 that were under size and kept 4. My best tally ever. Black lug dirty squid did the damage. Fish a cast for 4 hours or so. Had to keep an eye on gulley behind us as it fills quickly leaving u stood on sand bar with no way off. Great night and my season off to a great start

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. baldy1

baldy1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

looks like you had a good night well done mate

3. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Where s the 5 base gate?

4. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done Simon , you must be chuffed :D We will get out one night when I am fit.:)

5. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Five Bar Gate is at Cleveleys, near Blackpool, actually, it has six horizontal bars, not five...so it should be six bar gate.Quite a well known spot for winter cod, as is a lot of the Fylde coast.

Roger

6. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi bow 1. Sorry yes 5 bar is Blackpool way and only an hours drive for me. That's the first time I have fished there and there are lots of great spots along the coast. The beach changes a lot with the weather, and according to the local lads the gulleys change constantly. It's also a smooth hound hot spot in summer along with bass and some plaice

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. basha

basha Blenny

good dangling that fella well done mate.