1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Rescued after jumping from saltburn Pier

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

The Redcar RNLI lifeboat Leicester Challenge 2 was launched to an incident at Saltburn this afternoon (Saturday 20 November 2010) after three people jumped from the pier into rough seas.

Before the lifeboat arrived one of the people, believed to be a young man, was given CPR on the shore before being airlifted to James Cook University Hospital. The other people involved were treated on the scene by paramedics.

Dave Cocks from Redcar RNLI says: ‘We were tasked at a quarter past two this afternoon to go to Saltburn where three people were reported to be in difficulties in the sea after jumping from the pier. Before the lifeboat arrived the crew were told by the coastguard that all the people were out of the sea, but the crew were asked to continue to the scene in case they were needed to give medical assistance until paramedics arrived.

‘As the lifeboat arrived the air ambulance landed on the lower promenade and the helicopter crew and land-based paramedics worked on the most serious casualty before transferring him to the helicopter and flying him to the James Cook hospital in Middlesbrough.’

2. lochbois

lochbois Guest

I seem to keep saying to myself and people in the street its a crazy world we are liveing in .
    Reading that report from Saltburn Pier all i can say again is Its Crazy :crazy:.
    Cant say anything else. :sad:pB

3. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Braindead boobys some people just dont think

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Another great job done by the emergancy service.

What makes people think 'I know what would be good idea, jumping off a pier into a rough sea, what's the worst that could happen' :ugly: :crazy: Planks!

5. yes very silly, but lets hope they are all okay and recover and learn from there mistakes, and never do it again.