1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 hrs on marske/redcar stray last night

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by portlandbill, Nov 18, 2011.

1. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

fished the beach at redcar / marske stray 4 till 7 caught 2 flounder biggest 1lb my mate had 2 small flounder 1 whitey. bait lug that i dug :cry: knees hurting now :cry: and rag , no weed so not a bad night for me as i am just getting back into fishing after many years :happy:

Used my cree light 1st time only a 300 lmn :cool: but ok for me, few lads fishing along there but dont know if they had any luck, any forum members ?

2. GJW

GJW Rockling

I fished there also last night with Big Cliff (Alan). With the cod fishing pretty rubbish at the moment decided to have a go for the whiting. Ended up with 18 whiting keeping 8 of the better ones. It was change and it was good to feel something on the end of the line for a change. Bait was fresh and frozen lug, mackerel, sandeel, and razorfish. Was hoping to pick up a bonus bass but it never happened.

3. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

we where at the first car park rcar end, why do these bass turn up along here :confused: there does not seem to be much grub along here, do they just patrol up and down the gulleys? , my pal (steve) has had a best of 5 1/2 lb

4. pippen

pippen Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Alrite it may luk a barren place but under the water it will be a hive off activity with sandeel small fish swimming crabs worms there is loads off food for all different fish to eat

5. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I enjoyed my session after the Whiting and whatever else was present , enough bites to keep the interest up , a friend of mine had
    a good bag of Whiting off Marske Pier and lost a decent fish most likely a Bass

6. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Its come in handy that casing they have put over the old sewer pipe Marske pier i like it :yes:

7. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done to you all
    ive done saltburn twice this week with a total of 4 whiting and a crab
    must try local turf

8. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

nice to see you boys loving sea angling, but what is marske pier.

9. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Theres an old sewer pipe runs out from below St Germains church and whoever is responsible for it has encased it in concrete blocks, gives a nice platform to fish from for one or two lads.