1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Doubles in Two Months

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by hilsey, Dec 26, 2012.

1. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

Just a brief overview of the 3 doubles that my dad and I have had since the beginning of october.

The first came to my dad and was taken at dungeness, in Kent. I think it was either the 1st or 2nd of october and was taken when the sea had calmed down after a big storm. The beach was packed and there were many reports of some cod and bass so we were hopefull. It was our last chance of a session before having to come home.
    Anyway it was about midday and the sea was about two hours down with immense tide run. We both baited up with a single black lug on a 6o and a 7oz lead and we blasted it as far as we could. We were immediately struggling to hold and not long after i had a bite and reeled in a small mop. As i was baiting up i heard my dad shouting for me to get to the edge of the water and a little way out i saw a nice fish rise to tthe surface. As he got the fish to the edge i could see it may have been a double and as i was moving towards it the immense undertow snapped the snood. Luckily i managed to jusmp onto the fish and gill it. When it was safely on the beach it was quite a lean fish and weighed 12lbs. The first double of the season.

[​IMG]

With a big south easterly swell in mid December I opted to have a session over high water at a mark on scarborough North Bay. There was plenty of colour and i was hopeful of i few fish. About an hour before high I had a cracking bite which instantly broke my rotten bottom and so it slacklined me. I caught up with it and felt a tell tale nod and lunge of a cod. I reeled whe i cvould and managed to bully it towards me. I lifted it up the wall with great difficulty and managed to land it. I was very lucky as it was only lip hooked. Its was a reddish fish and when weighed it went to 10lbs 6oz. A new pb and my first double (my previous best was about 8lbs) taken on frozen 2 blacks and a whole squid.

[​IMG]

This time we opted for a bit of a daylight session in cornelian on a fast dying sea. There were a few rods out and we headed for midway. We managed a couple of mops and billet and that was it. On our wayy back to the car we had a few chucks on piers and could only get rockling! So as it was about dush we grabbed some fish and chips and looked at the sea. There wasnt a great deal left so we decided to have a few chucks in holbeck. We got to our chosen mark and chucked out. Not a lot for a while untill we really started to hit the gulley. My dads rod went over and he hit a good fish. i went to the edge of the scaur to retrieve it and saw that it was a good fish. as he got it to the edge of the scaur i gilled it and realised that this was a seconfd double this season for him and a 3rd between us. When it was safely on the rocks it weighed just over 15lbs and his best fish for a few years. It was taken on fresh blacks and cart about an hour before low. that was to be it for the night.A nice plump clean fish. It was a second double in just 1 week!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for traking the time to read this and hopefully bag a few more in the new year,
    cheers,
    hilsey

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Well done. 3 doubles between you is some achievement.

Sent from my M532 using Tapatalk 2

3. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Cracking report mate well done to the both of you. 3 doubles in 2 month wish I could catch a cod from the shore never mind a double but one of them would be nice.

4. newbury1

newbury1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Excellent report matey and a massive well done on the 3 doubles,

5. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

It was actually the 1st of November haha

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

3 doubles and I think the fourth in 2 years ?? Well done to you guys, and dont forget to tell them all where you buy your cart from. Surely must be time to revise for your exams ?

7. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

Yeah my brother ha one last year. Going to Kent next week so hopefully can catch some more. And yeah Glenn. Top quality cart again!

8. imonlycoddin

imonlycoddin Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

3 good short storys they really got me interested with abit of tension thrown in, and 3 even better fish. well done lads and good look for the newyear

matty..

9. Capt Caves Man

Capt Caves Man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done getting the rewards for the effort you are putting in