1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Fishing 3.10.15 Redcar

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Andyk22, Oct 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Andyk22

Andyk22 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well with the weather due to be settled again I was up and ready to go about 7.30am but it was just too foggy.

My mate and I left it till 10am and headed off to redcar again for another bash around the scars, got to the seafront about 10.30 and couldn't see the first row of the wind farm due to the fog.......crap!

Started slowly getting the gear ready in the hope it started to lift and thankfully it did and 20 minutes later we could see most of the windmills so we were game on!!!

By the time we started paddling it was dead calm, like a millpond with just a slight breeze which soon dropped.

We worked the back of the scars out to a little over a mile with plenty of fish to keep us busy.

The 2 of us kept a few fish each for the pot, plenty of cod and pollack in the 3 pound range with a few larger ones showing during the day and still lots of mackeral around to keep us entertained till we paddled back in around half 5........where I managed to tip myself over in the surf and drop my fish out the yak so spent the next few minutes collecting my gear and fish from the waters edge (oops!)

All fish fell to a simple 6oz pirk with trebble and with either hokkie or the very small shrimp type hokkie traces.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Saw you out there, that was me in the blue pebble boat

3. Andyk22

Andyk22 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ah good stuff Brian, hopefully you picked up plenty as well?!

4. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

We had a few codlings but not many, we weren't fishing for them, we were fishing for Pollock, finished up with about 16 Pollock the best one just shy of 11lb but lots in the 6/8lb range, had another go today but it didn't fish as well ending up with 2 Pollock around the 4/5lb mark

Caught some decent codlings on light gear while we were waiting for the rocks to bare off on the ebb