1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

25lb Bag And A 38Lb Bag - Local Club Matches - Big Catches

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Oct 20, 2010.

1. andy c

andy c New Member

hi guys still banging the tubs ! swinging rather than rocking tho :laugh: a fisherman at heart still tight lines to all them dedicated top ,.and up and coming angler"s glad there is fish about for the young uns and all the top big rods of wsa club will always show them the way :blindfold: :blindfold: :blindfold: not!. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Heard there was big bags galore again last night in the Whitby club. Can anyone confirm the anglers and weights ? When I was at Goldsborough last night the lad next to me had 8 when I got there so if he was in Whitby club he must have done well.

3. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Will give Shorty a ring tomorrow Glenn and find out.
    Cheers Col.

4. seanyrooroo

seanyrooroo Pig Hunter

There have been some impressive bags a little further North than me, Glenn. Sunday night 9 anglers weighed in 138lb of cod. The top 4 bags were all over 20lb and all taken from the same beach.

5. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

that lad ended up with 13 for 27lb and there was also a 26 lb bag as well mate few other double figure bags as well

6. the artist

the artist what a view , i think ill paint it or fish it

seen plenty of lights on salty last night glenn, i fished whitby west and got 2 codling and only seen another 3 or 4 off there , jim

7. Baramundi Bob

Think most of the fish were north of Whitby Jim. Sandsend Cliffs and Goldsborough threw out some good bags.

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

27lb was best bag in sundays match mike garbutt was the man i managed 17lb myslelf had 4 of those by 8pm only 1 more fish in the next 2 hours i thought i was going to a 20lb pus bag but as the tide dropped the swell fell away and so did the bites.

paul.

9. Baramundi Bob

Well done Mike Garbutt. I heard Dennis had a 20lb+ bag too.

10. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Yes i think dennis was the other man glen could another good weighin on wednesday night as the wind drops out and sea starts to fall.

paul.

11. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

matty garbut not mike ha ha

12. Baramundi Bob

Any chance of some pictures from this Wednesdays weigh in then lads ?

13. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

il get dave on it glen

14. treacle

treacle New Member

15. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

i have clicked on the link ,but cant find a report from any matches :suspious:

16. Baramundi Bob

Would you believe that yet again this year the lads are getting stick in the fishing club for posting up on this forum. Its beyond belief that lads should be given a hard time for saying what was caught. Unbelievable and those doing it should be ashamed of themselves. Why does the fishing club have this problem about people saying what they caught on this site ?

17. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

In my view it seems like intimidation ,or victimisation, :surprise: other organisations put reports and photo,s up,

if they dont want to give advice or ,report on the site ,boycot there open match, :confused:

18. michael76

michael76 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The BestEST

all sounds a bit like the freemasons to me..let em get on with it glenn.

19. Baramundi Bob

I have spoke to 3 separate individuals now who have told me "It isnt worth the hassel" for them to post on this forum. Also 1 site member who isnt in the club told me that a few weeks ago at Kettleness he was approached by a club member who said "You do realise its a club night".

What I really want to know is why there is a problem from some club members with this website ? This has been going on for several years now, even when I was in the club myself it used to happen, which is part of the reason I left.

I note the club are keen to use the forum to post links to their site, but are not so keen to contribute content to this forum, which to me is not entering into the spirit of the site community. We have posts and reports from St Marys, we used to have them from Saltburn club, Seanyroo keeps us updated on his club and matches and Hairybeast keeps us updated on all the opens further north. Pete keeps us up to date with Filey and the rocks as does Ducky.

On the Holderness site, every club contributes, 1 club has even offered me money to have their content on the site (Obviously I have told them this is not required). So I just dont get it, why the problem ?

20. woody

woody New Member

bout time it was sorted glenn its 2010 not 1930 lol