1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 lb Ling On Sea -Otter 2 In Summer Festival

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Jul 1, 2016.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

We had a 24 lb ling today on Sea-Otter 2 in £5000 summer festival Fred King hit the jackpot with this cracking fish Fred fished well all day and couldn't go wrong but when this one hit the surface the cheers were very loud indeed .

Gary and Fred and there party fished for 2 days on Sea-Otter 2 in this years competition as thye do every year 2 years ago Gary freds mate Won the £5000 top prize with me on Sea-Otter 2 .

It's still very early in the competition and anything can happen good luck to Fred and a very well done a cracking fish .

[​IMG]

Cheers Paul

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done Fred and well done Paul for putting him over that fish.I think that'll take some beating.

3. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice one

4. robmc

robmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What a cracking fish! Well done!

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Its a fine fish paul funny thing the same spot quite a few agao i had a ling 33lb 10oz in late summer festival a propper beast .

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Another nice ling yesterday this 1 went over 16 lb to take 2 nd heaviest fish overall in the competition but it's a long way to go .

[​IMG]

Paul

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Big tides at the moment and I Am working my but butt off to get the lads on fish and they are doing well in the festival .

The tides are on the way down now but the weather doesn't look good it's more like march than July let's hope the weather settles down .

Paul

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

2 more 16 lb ling for the lads on Ssa -Otter 2 still a long say to go in the competition but fingers crossed for the boys they worked there socks off .

Here is 2 very nice 16 lb ling from yesterday .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers Paul

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Another cracking day for the lads on Sea -Otter 2 my good friend Steve Kettlewell and his party got right amount the fish and it was Shawn who just missed out wining the 1st in the Dailys today with a fine ling of 15lb 2 oz just missing by 5 ounces it actually coughed up a codling about 2lb just as it surfaced what a difference it could have made if it kept it in its stomach probably would have made 2nd overall buts thats fishing.

These lads have fished with me for years .

Here is Shawn with his 15 lb 2 oz ling a very nice fish looks a picture .

[​IMG]

Cheers Paul

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016