1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Scarborough Kayak Comp

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by MidlandYakker, Aug 15, 2015.

1. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Don't forget, 19th September....

1st prize is one week kayak fishing for two in Skarnsundet Fjordcentre in Norway.

2. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Camping for Scarborough is sorted.... I've booked us in at Jacobs Mount which is approx. 2 miles from the launch. There is a bar and plenty of space. Price per night is £16/night but if we can be a group of 10 or more then the price comes down to £12/night!

DON'T contact the campsite direct, just let me know and I'll make just the one call.

PM if you want camping. Cheers, Ian.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Have you completely taken over organisation of this comp ?

4. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

Top prize ian, ifancy a week in norway ,does that include flights as well?,i'll have to try and remember my bait this year lol

5. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

Got myself a learn Norwegian tape ready for the trip :D

6. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Most of it Glen. Dave is still kindly liaising with the Scarborough Angling Club for insurance as he's local and knows the right folk.

Maybe see some of you Whitby lot at the match?

7. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

If there's good attendance for the match then there may be some help towards flights too...

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I lost my love for the matches after continuous changing of rules and them becoming more like a "Meet" than a true Yorkshire Coast fishing match.

I like to support local cultures and it seemed to me the matches were moving away from that. they were excellent in the first few years, then too much tinkering and clogging them up with rules etc.

Plus I dont like to compete anymore. It always seems to end in trouble.

I may get over for a look but cant see me ever taking part again.

9. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

That's fair enough and each to their own.

I love the matches and decided to step in rather than see them collapse.. It's a bit of a poisoned chalice but it would be a shame if they ceased.

Ian