1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Runswick Kayak Competition

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by MidlandYakker, May 20, 2015.

1. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Great news, Raymarine have confirmed their support for another year and have provided a fantastic Dragonfly 5Pro Sonar/GPS as a prize. Sea Angler kindly donated 12 months subscription to their magazine and Fladen UK some tackle and extras. Big thanks to all the sponsors especially 1st Wet & Wild for the Typhoon PS330 dry suit. Amazing...

Match Saturday 4th July 2015

Match entry fee £20 per person

HEAVIEST FISH MATCH
    PRIZE LIST
    1st- Typhoon PS330 Extreme Dry suit RRP £699 Provided by 1st Wet & Wild (+£200 Cash)
    2nd- Raymarine Dragonfly 5Pro RRP £469 (+£150 Cash)
    3rd- Sunwise Polarised Floating Sunglasses (+£100 Cash)

Also prize for heaviest bass and heaviest flatfish= TBC

Junior Prize = TBC
    Decent random spot prize for the angler with the 12th heaviest fish.

Weigh in/presentation on Beach.

Register on the morning of the match.

Car Parking, £4 for 6 hours day/ £5 for 24 hours (Change required for the machine)

2015 Rules

1) One prize per angler (in Heaviest Fish category)
    2) 2 rods max. Only fish 1 rod at a time. No tying rigs together (ie two strings of feathers) 4 hook limit. No hooks on the beach. Trebles count as 1 hook.
    3) Any fish kept/weighed in must be within size, any below legal/match size will not be counted
    4) Fishing 10am- 4pm (Briefing 09:50 on the beach & back on beach 4pm prompt) Anyone not back on the beach by 4pm WILL be disqualified.
    5) Weigh in 4pm-4:30pm on the beach next to Lifeboat station.
    6) Committees decision is final
    7) Heaviest fish: No Wrasse / Mackerel allowed
    Coalfish: 35cm+ Whiting: 30cm+ Cod: 35cm+ Bass: 41cm+ Pouting: 25cm+
    Pollock: 35cm+ Ling: 72cm+ Dab: 20cm+ Plaice: 28cm+
    8) Paddle power only, no sails or towing in by boat allowed
    9) Match boundaries: Port Mulgrave – Goldsborough (could be decreased if weather deteriorates. Seaward boundary to be decided on the day depending on conditions. For safety reasons, the off shore wreck is out of bounds.
    10) PFD MUST be worn at all times.

[​IMG]

2. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

What's the reasoning behind the 'back on the beach by 4' rule?

3. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

So we don't have to worry about people being out on the water whilst we're trying to organise the weigh in.

4. menai1

menai1 ECKA Simply the Best

Paddle power only does that mean no hobie?

5. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

im no paddling puff but hobbie yaks have the paddles underneath the bloody yak wake up and smell the coffee or are you just trying to be awkward

6. Supersonic

Is that not what the 'safety boat' is for?

7. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

You're fine with your Hobie, Steve.

8. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Kev, what is the issue? I just wanted to make it black and white.

9. menai1

Feeling grumpy are we Alain.
    Ian knows me well enough to im not being awkward just having a bit of fun and I'll think you'll find they are fins under the Hobie not paddles but that's splitting hairs.
    See u soon Ian and keep up the good work mate.

10. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Grumpy no its not me that needs the happy pills or a plastic bucket with so called fins that you have to peddle to get from A to B

11. menai1

:) :) :) :) :)

12. onelove oneunited

onelove oneunited Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Love it when someone who has clearly invested a lot of their own time and effort into something, posts some positive news and the only posts are pathetic little comments or gripes.

Simple solution if you don't like it don't get involved.

If you have nothing positive to say button it or go out there and invest your own time in making something for like minded people to enjoy.

Cynical sad individuals.

13. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thats a bit off mate, no ones been directly negative about it at all.

My only problem with it is that it is a recipe for disqualifications to be honest, there's the potential for people to misjudge their return paddle and arrive a few minutes late, the possibility of poor weather moving in late in the match and delaying return to the beach on time, plus a myriad reasons that could make someone late back in despite thier best attempts.

The system was always a "stop fishing at X time and be weighed in by Y time" at this particular match (I understand that this whole strict landing by a certain time rule is normal at other matches in the UK, it's just never been a thing for this match). people aren't normally thrilled with change so this is bound to raise a few questions, and what started as a 6hr match will now for me be a 5.5hr match at best to ensure im back on the beach with time to spare if I catch any possible placing fish

I'm not trying to be negative and will happily fish the match, there's a hell of a lot of organising that goes on to provide these events for us and for that we should all be thankful to the lads and lasses that put themselves out for it.

See how it goes mate and all the best, don't take negative feedback to heart as im sure it will be an excellent event :)

14. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Plain and simple imo...

The launch is at 10am and back on the beach for 4pm.... not a hard concept to grasp really...

If your not back on time and get disqualified then that's your own hard luck for not making sure you are back!

If you choose to paddle over the horizon, that's your choice but it's gonna eat into your fishing time!

15. robq

robq Rockling

People who are willing to step up and give up their free time to organise matches for nowt are few and far between :(

Its great that some lads do it for the masses who don't have the time, skills or energy go do it :)

If the organisers decide thats the rule then I dont see the problem ?? After all its the same for everyone is it not ???

Either accept the rule, dont fish the match, or form your own competition and set of rules ;)

Be thankfull tbat someone has worked hard and given up a lot of their time go provide a comptetition for everyone to enjoy :)

16. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well said rob

17. Supersonic

Basically what Ben said, Ian. I can see both sides so fair enough, like you said at least the rules are black and white, so there can't be another Flamborough match style farce with the finishing time.

Make your mind up :-X

18. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Some good prizes on offer there to the winners, good luck with it and fingers crossed for a good turnout

19. bigcod31

bigcod31 Peter Mcfarlane kaskazi dorado

Trophy made :)
    20mm thick Perspex, rear lasered.

Attached Files:

20. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Thanks a million. Really, really appreciated.

See you on 4th July...