1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 A BOOM YEAR ON THE COD ON SEA-OTTER 2 WHAT DOES 2016 HOLD

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Jan 3, 2016.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well here we are into 2016 but let me tell you what a year 2015 was some tremendous catches for boys and girls on Sea-Otter 2 i have a few videos and some excellent shots taken throughout the year i will start with the vodeos the first one was right back in may wrecking with the last one taken early november just before the uptiding festival the lads had days a lot can only dream about .

This was early may one of my what you can call very long term regualars they know what to expect and on this day they certianly werent disapointed .

This was going into autumn the shad fishing was just mental the lads had caught enough by 11am then home ward bound for the lads to get all there fish filletted what a days fishing .

The just a couple of days before the uptiding festival i hit a few wrecks on 3 mile and did they fish but this time full squid baits were just dynomite and the quality of the fish was excellent a couple of short videos one young man getting a nice double .

The cod hitting full squid on the wrecks on the 3 mile in november they were going mental on the squid .

This young man on same trip gets this really nice fish .

And than uptiding some very good days fishing indeed this man get a persone best cod tight under the cliffs when weighed it tipped over 10lb he managed around 20 cod himself that day .( you will pull its hooking head off )

Smashing the cod on sea otter 2

And of course some very nice lings on Sea-Otter 2 this day in october my old mate big ling phil had 1 17lb and 1 15lb 5 minuites earlyer one of the lads had one just over 20lb some very nice ling.

Big ling on Sea-Otter 2

Just a few shots of some really nice cod and ling from thoughout 2015 on Sea-otter 2 i feel a lot more of these in 2016.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20lb ling for malc

[​IMG]

This 21lb ling missed winning the late summer festival by ounces.

[​IMG]

Then the uptiding what winter to press Sea-Otter 2 smashed it in the uptiding festival taking 1st prize and many of the top 10 here are some shots from uptiding so far this winter been a belter upto now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the winning fish in the uptiding festival.

[​IMG]

Been a corker of year in 2015 some dynomite fishing to come in 2016 on Sea -Otter 2 watch this space.

Cheers paul.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

more of the same please,

it was also a special year for smaller craft, marks inside very prolific

using shads, bait etc. mackerel around until late November helped

when fishing shads etc, cod stayed interested in bait fish longer.

unless we get a late really cold spell, will it affect spawning etc,

I tend to think better returns come in cycles @ every 5 yrs

but hope current run of decent fish right through the year

continues next couple of years.

stocks appear to be back up for the moment for our type

of fishing so long may it continue.

nice to see vids of party boat activity, thanks for update.

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

2016 looks like being a very good year and the stamp of the fish should be very good indeed .
    It's now looking the weather is on the turn much cooler temperatures are now on the cards a cold winter allways makes way for a very good cod spawn the cold winters we had 3 or 4 years saw an explosion in juvenuile cod and now all those 4 and 5 lbers and bigger about it's all looking very rosy indeed .

Paul

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Dont forget guys these rods are still the best value for money on the market top quality and they do the job perfect.

Cheers paul.

5. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Another amazing year Paul. Keep it up mate. Heres to 2016.