1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Amble SAC Open....13th January

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by lugworm, Dec 11, 2012.

1. lugworm

lugworm Oh I do like to be beside the seaside......

It's that time of year again !

Sunday 13th January 2013, fishing from 8.00am to 1.00pm.
    Register at Radcliffe Club or Amble Angling Centre on the day from 6.00am.

Weigh-in at the Radcliffe Club from 1.00pm to 2.00pm.

Entry fee £12 all classes, to include heaviest fish.

Heaviest bag...£400 + Sonik SK4 rod + trophy
    2nd...............£300
    3rd...............£150

Heaviest fish...£300
    2nd...............£200
    3rd................£100

Heaviest flatfish (sponsored by Amble Caravan Park)
    1st................£150
    2nd...............£100
    3rd................£50

Ladies (sponsored by Anglers United, Lynemouth)
    1st.................£50
    2nd.................£30
    3rd..................£20

Juniors (sponsored by Amble Angling Centre)
    1st.................£50
    2nd.................£30
    3rd..................£20

+ the usual excellent prize table.

Boundaries are up to Seahouses south pier(excluding the pier) in the north
    to Lynemouth pipe in the south.
    Amble pier, the river Coquet, and the river Aln are also excluded. Disabled anglers however may fish from Amble pier.

The full list of rules is to be found in the brochure each angler will recieve when registering.
    Local tackle shops will have tickets for sale prior to the day.

Two main rules changes from last year....NO CART or any uncooked edible crab may be used as bait....and.....any flatfish to be weighed in must be presented in a bucket or fishbag containing water. Every effort must be made to keep these fish alive so they can be returned safely.

As with previous opens, marshalls will be patrolling the area, and will be inspecting tackle boxes and bags before and during the event. Please don't be offended by this, we will be checking as many as possible.

Any questions, pm me, or phone Jimmy French on 01665 711007, or me on 01665 602034.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

2. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Why no cart or edibles

3. rubbish

rubbish New Member

just put it in the microwave for 1 second ben and tell them you cooked it :wink:

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

Certainly a strange one isnt it.

5. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

think they have had a no edible rule for a long time ,looks like they are including cart now.anglers from down here have had warnings in the past for having edibles on them,think smokey was one.

6. lugworm

Local byelaws lads. No cart or any bait containing UNCOOKED edible crab can be used.

The ridiculous thing is, tackle shops can still sell it, but we can't legally use it.

I think a lad from Scotland got hit with a hefty fine when he was caught using it earlier this year.

7. boro boy

boro boy Blenny

edible peeler is illegal any way

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Mussel crab worm and a hint of cart all in sausage the whole thing is crackers so what if an edible if legal size the only reason the local sea fish has stopped the use of edibles is to stop potting boats useing them when they are white or soft to bait the potts up with for lobsters if a crab is legal size and hard what are you doing wrong cart is from a crab which is legal size and hard its all utter rubish why you cant use them you aint doing nothing wrong you are NOT a commercial fishermen and you arent fishing for lobsters which by law you cant keep without a licence anyway the sea fisheries comittee are wrong.
    I can understand the non use of undersize edibles but not cart it crackers.

paul.

9. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

exactly paul if you get them live and size and legally buy them from a suplier then you are in your rights to use them surely for wat you want to arent you? so arent you aloud to eat them up in northumberland either???

10. boro boy

boro boy Blenny

according to fisheries protection lot it is illegal to use an edible in any form of peel even if it over the legal size limit

11. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

cart crabs arent peeling though

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Cart in not not a peeler its hard back crab which is an edible crab and sold for human consumtion whether you feed to your dog or put it on a hook there is no reason why anglers cant use it as bait you are not commercial fishermen fishing for lobsters to say it has to cooked before you use it is behond beleife its mental they be telling you to boil your worms next.

paul.

13. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

this has got to be a wind up

14. boro boy

boro boy Blenny

the first post on subject says no cart or edibles

15. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

so if i cook my edibles blue so i just sear the outside and they are raw in the middle am i aloud to use them? define cooking ? or if i cure them in salt water for 5 mins can i use them they are both forms of cooking that wont affect the bait

16. lugworm

I really couldn't agree more with the sentiments here. If I want to buy an edible crab and use it for fishing bait rather than eat it, that should be my business and no one elses.

But unfortunately, until someone sees sense and changes the laws, I can't do that legally, nor can anyone else entering our club competitions.
    Please don't hold it against the North East clubs, we're all in the same boat.

You could always contact your local IFCA and make your feelings known. We have.

17. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

I was speaking to a man I no who used to work on the north east guardian as a fisheries officer he said it's so potters don't use edibles as bait for lobsters but you can used processed crab legally he said this doesn't mean cooked it means taken out of it's shell ie cart he said some people may take it as meaning cooked but it just means prepared for food I e out of the shell so as I understand it it's legal to use cart but not edible peelers wat about velvets

18. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It's daft.. at the end of the day its a fishing bait and its been very affective. So when they search through your gear after you tell them were you from and they find your bait and you have cart but not read the rules as you have just getting them. What happens next?

Mick

19. boro boy

boro boy Blenny

you get disqualified other matches state you cant use certain baits

20. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Even if you never know his and got searched soon as you pay ya cash. It's all bonkers. I won't be fishing the match so good luck to everybody else

Mick