1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 The 50 Codling Challenge ?? Catch 50 cod by New Year 2008

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 10, 2008.

1. smokey

smokey Rockling

Re: The 50 Codling Challenge ?? Catch 50 cod by New Year

It makes a lot of sense when you think about it like that Glenn :wink: When you are in a match though,it's still hard to get the thought of what others are doing at different venues out of your head :whistle: Langy had the chance of another Codling as well but bumped it off on the ledge at his feet :nerd: I only had the 2 bites all night which was dissapointing,did you see Frankies home made butt pad?? :laugh: :happy: tight lines

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Its a beauty isnt Mart. Think I saw a similar range in the Anne Summers Shop :embarrass: :cheesy:

3. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

another early hours sesh gone by with very poor slow fishing, this time saltburn pier was the venue, it looked good, big tide perfect ground swell with some colour, but only managed two three pounders.

there was a couple of lads on there who are sneek a look behind closed doors on the forum, but i think i managed to persuade one of them to become a poster, his mate lost a very good fish which decided to swim under the pier and bust him up :hurt:

anyway only 3 to go :cheesy:

4. Baramundi Bob

3 More before New Years day Lobbers. Can you do it ??

5. Lobbers

one 5lb 8 oz in cloughton match today

2 to go :embarrass:

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

You said to me you would get a 6 lber as you were walking on to the jetty ... :surprise: :surprise:. the mystic one strikes again...... :cheesy:

7. Steve

Steve Rockling

yippee i got another. had a trip down the holderness and got one at 3lb 4oz and lost another two. thats 2 down 48 to go

8. Lobbers

four codling fromm saltburn pier this morning takes me over the magic 50 to 52 fish

she's there boy :yes:

9. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Well done Paul.

Somehow I think I might struggles to get 37 cod before new year cant see any sea forecast for a while

10. newdave

newdave Guest

36 to go for me Matty, to be honest it was never realistic for me, only fish once or twice a week & being a crap angler as well :laugh: but i am way over last years total already so i must be improving a bit :happy:
    Got to say the fixed spool thing has been a real good move for me, no more birdsnests or duffed casts has made the whole experience more fun.

11. Baramundi Bob

Well done Lobbers. Top angling mate. Like you said earlier in the topic its been a hard season. I think I probably knocked 50 out in the first month or so last year and I know you did too. Just not the numbers of fish around this year so its a great achievment.

Lets hope theres some good seas in the next month so we can all have a crack at those better fish.

12. Lobbers

a couple of years ago glenn i shared some info with you about a venue that was obscene when it comes to cod fishing, i was getting 80lb of fish a sesh, they were just there, but i couldnt get a bump in the sea so that i could smack my club record cod bag, this is what made me give up club fishing in the whole, and just chill and go for whatevea.

ive done just enough to keep me in the penn prem div this year in the sea angler

but with the poor fishing, hitting 52 codling last night was mint, and with two nice bass to go with it was great

theyre marinading now in giger spring onion garlic, jap rice wine vinegar, shallots, fine chop mush, oyster sauce :hungry:

13. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

That may well be it for me before the new yr, another 3 taking my tally to 25.... im hoping to get out on Sunday in the Cloughton match but my plans may have been scuppered by a 'lads v dads' football game...

Ive decided to set my own target of 50 before the end of March, Matty/Sambo Do you fancy a challenge?????

14. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

15 down a long way to go!

I dont fancy any new challenges mate I'll never keep up with you!

15. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

17 down 33 to go :happy:

16. Baramundi Bob

17. Lobbers

been looking through the fifty codling challenge years gone past and i couldnt help pmsl at this one just had runswick south for the top of my garden, and and runny north

mint looking at the old posts of us all catching, and wondering

18. Lobbers

oh and hummersea stepps t get upstairs :yes:

19. Baramundi Bob

20. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:laugh: :laugh: Class

Looks like I've got gradually worse since 2008! :surprise: :crazy: