1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 The 50 Codling Challenge ?? Catch 50 cod by New Year 2008

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 10, 2008.

1. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Re: The 50 Codling Challenge ?? Catch 50 cod by New Year

not a bad average that ,works out two and a half fish a session most people will be very happy with a strike rate like that :happy:

2. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

id be happy with 1 a session

3. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

was that you at kettleness last nite glen saw a lonely light over there from port well done glen !!!!!

4. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

well done glenn a good start to the year ,your due a biggy soon 3-6 lb still a good size for the pan and to release some back is also very good of you with 50 fish thou you can pick and choose ,ive seen some tiddlers caught and knocked on the head (last year that was )
    well done mate

5. NorthWestern

NorthWestern Blenny

nice one glenn :yes least you beat my mate lobbers,think he was hoping to be the first :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I thought hed been putting a few hours in lately :laugh: :laugh:. I must admit to pulling his leg a bit about 2 weeks back. I think I fired him up a little :surprise: :cheesy: :cheesy:

7. robbo

robbo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Congratulations mate, top angling. Wish i was so consistent... Oh i am, consistently cr*p! 1 down 49 to go for me :embarrass:
    tight lines

8. stevennewsam

stevennewsam New Member

well done glen wish it was that easy for me, Ive only had 3 nd still 47 to go mind i was well chuffed when i pulled up a piglet of 8half off sandend cliffs.

9. seajay

seajay New Member

Well done glen

you da man

regards

Si.

10. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

nice one glenn, i couldnt be arsed the last couple of nights, even though there was sea on, i was sick of the sight of the sea to be honest, prob snick a few this weekend, bet i beat you to a hundred b4 new year :cheesy:

11. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Well done Glenn, that takes some commitment, 'a 100 hundred before new year' :surprise: :laugh:

12. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Well done Glenn mate, that's top work :yes:

13. SPB

SPB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one glen, well done. Still got to get my first yet, first outing tonight, only just got all my gear together after about 10 year gap.

14. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

The Mods rule ok! :laugh: Sweeps bag and sweeps fish :tease:

15. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

well i break up from work tomorrow, so its time to go propper winter fishing, 100 here i come :cheesy:

i think it might be hard going like, was on west last night and had only two codling, bumped into woody on there, not sure how he finnished up.

5 to go :pray:

16. Baramundi Bob

By all accounts most people struggled last night. Whitby club match had a very poor weigh in. Myself and Mike did a tour of RHB taking in Boggle, Sewer and Dungeon hole. Mike had the only fish of the 2 of us and I never saw anyone else get one.

17. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done to every one thats thee or there abouts. i am still after my first and i am hoping that it will be on sunday when i go for chuck.. tight lines to all

18. smokey

smokey Rockling

I didn't see you up Boggle Bob?? :surprise: There was 6 of us on there last night for a paltry 6 fish,i had 2 decent codlings,Langy had one then 3 fish between the other 4 :surprise: It looked spot on but they were just simply not there.When i got to the weigh in,i was expecting to see some big bags of fish,top weight was Andy Cam (Moses) with 13lb,then it dropped right down to 7lb :surprise: Everyone was saying the same,nice tide,nice sea,but the fish just didn't show :no: tight lines :happy:

19. Baramundi Bob

Was about 100 yards from you Mart. To your left as you look out to see. I opted to stay out the way as I could see there was at least half a dozen of you in there. Wec and Frankie came down next to us. We Maybe should have been a bit more patient and stuck it out but sounds like it was really hard work for you guys too.

With regards to expecting to see more fish at the weigh in Mart I always remember something Dennis told me a few years back when I was discussing how I always felt the need to move marks if I wasnt catching. He said "Once you get to a decent level and you have faith in the marks you choose, then if your mark isnt producing, its highly likely that there isnt much coming out anywhere at all.

Ive since noted this to be very true. When I was still club fishing this helped me a lot as I stopped worrying what everyone else was doing - allowing me to concentrate on my own efforts.

20. woody

woody New Member

hi paul i lost that decent one then i had one 2lb bang on high water that was it tho, they were deffo on the soft !