1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 The 50 Codling Challenge ?? Catch 50 cod by New Year 2008

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Re: The 50 Codling Challenge ?? Catch 50 cod by New Year

well done again si,, the late shift was poor i ended up with six mops to 3lb, i lost a pig, which was the only good fish all night, it looked around 10lb ish, my snood went on the lift, i tried to lift it myself in my little moment of stupidity, i should have got "buff" (a lad from this site who was on there by then) to go down for it :hurt:, i was sick and was gonna do one when the snow came heavy for a time, right on the start of the ebb, so i thought i might aswell fish on as opposed to trying to get home, glad i did really as there was a little flurry of codling while it was snowing 3 size and two just under, wich added to my earlier three.

43 down 7 to go :cheesy:

2. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Si & Lobbers, must av been fookin freezin on there last nite...........

1 for me last nite thats 31 to go....

3. stevennewsam

stevennewsam New Member

nice fish si nd well done lobbers shame bout losing that pig it was a cracking fish mate nd im still on 47 to go with no look last nite.

4. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

nice fish si :happy:

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nipped out for a couple of hours this evening to try get the last fish I needed to get myself to 50. The first few casts were fruitless but then there was a little flurry with 3 fish coming out in about a 20 minute period. Two 5 pounders and a mop takes my total to 52. Heres a list of where the fish came from :

1 (Robin hoods bay)
    2 (Saltwick)
    2 (Robin Hoods Bay)
    3 (Bempton)
    2 (Boggle Hole)
    6 (Saltwick)
    6 (Runswick)
    2 (Runswick)
    2 (Goldsborough)
    1 (Boulby)
    1 (Saltwick)
    1 (Hawsker)
    6 (West Pier)
    2 (Robin Hoods Bay)
    4 (Runswick)
    3 (Saltwick)
    3 (Hawsker)
    1 (Crete Block)
    1 (East Pier)
    3 (Kettleness)

6. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

Quality fishing glenn :happy:

Jealous as fu*k :whistle:

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done glen there is a good spread of venue's there, :wink:what was your average time spent on each outing :surprise:

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done BB, done with a month to spare :cool:

9. Baramundi Bob

I did put a bit more time in on a couple of occasions and some were in the day matches that are up to 6 hours Harry, but my average sessions are around 3-4 hours. I pick the peak time for a mark and fish it through then go home. I just havent got the heart for mammoth sessions anymore but once over I would average about 10 hours. My fishing time got less and catch rate grew.

10. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Well done Glenn thought you would be first across the line,so is that it till 2009 now ? ?

11. baza

baza New Member

very well done glen, top angling, as said theres a good spread of venues. would you have any idea of the bag weight of the 50?

12. Baramundi Bob

Not sure really baza. There was a fair few fish in the 3-6 pound bracket, nothing bigger I dont think which is sad really. I never weighed many of them and I also returned quite a few I didnt want.

13. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Looking at the different venues you fished Glenn I would safely say you know the big majority pretty well. The hours and hours you must have put in over the years eventually pays big dividends. Time spent fishing duff conditions/tides etc is time saved in the long run and the only true way of learning the marks and ultimately catching fish.

14. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

thanks for the info glen will log that in me memory bank :educated:

15. woody

woody New Member

well done glenn now can u get to 70 by christmas ?

16. Baramundi Bob

Thats right Ray Ive fished each one of those marks a thousand times before and had many blanks on poor nights. This Is why I always say to people a blank is as good as catching and adds to your learning curve because it helps you learn the times you should give one mark a miss in favour of another. Admittedly its not all my own Knowledge and Ive pinched a bit along the way, but Ive learned a fair bit myself.

I dont really fear disclosing marks becuase knowing them and catching fish from them are 2 different things, although there is the odd one I would never give out precisely as I know its the one place I can be on my own. One thing that stands out quite a bit for me is just how many times this year Ive been on my own at a mark or sharing it with maybe 1 or 2 others. Maybe the marks arent as over populated as people say they are ??

17. paulyfish

paulyfish New Member

well done glen, knew you could do it. fancy a trainee for a while i'm struggling big style. 10 trips 4 fish :sad:

18. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

congratulations Glenn, excellent fishing mate

I still on 13 after tonight. sambo got a 5 pounder 1st cast then that was it

19. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Excellent result Glenn, very impressive :yes: :yes: You obviously know your marks well :wink:

20. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

:yes: :yes: weldone and one day i hope i can fish haif as good as that. keep it up.
    also a thanks for all the work u do on here :yes: :yes:

john