1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 Stillwater Trout Season

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by bucko, Feb 6, 2008.

1. bucko

bucko Guest

Its just around the corner so while you're cleaning the rods, replacing last years line and generally sorting out your act for the coming season here's some information on opening dates and costs at trout fishing venues in the Whitby/North Yorkshire area:

Lockwood Beck: (On the A171 Guisborough to Whitby road, inbetween the turn-offs for Lingdale and Castleton)
    Closes for Winter bait fishing on 17th February (weather permitting) and re-opens for fly fishing on Saturday March 8th.
    Day tickets will be £22 for a four fish limit with fishing from 8am- one hour after sunset.
    Evening tickets will be £16 for a three fish limit with fishing from 3pm- one hour after sunset.
    Boats are £13.00 + Day Fishing Permit for a full day and £9.00 + Evening Fishing Permit.
    For information call 01287 660501 or 07973 779527. Alternatively e-mail info@lockwoodfishery.co.uk

Scaling Dam (On the A171 Guisborough to Whitby road, inbetween the turn-offs for Danby and Sandsend)

Opens for fly and bait fishing on 22nd March with adult day tickets at £18 for an 8 fish limit. There are also 12 fish limit tickets available at £25 and Family tickets with a 12 fish limit at £25. Pike tickets are also available at £10:50.
    For more information visit http://www.nwl.co.uk

Wykeham Lakes (Off the A170 between Scarborough and Pickering)

Fly fishing for rainbow trout all year round on The Dawnay Estate. No information on 2008 prices at present so please refer to http://www.wykehamlakes.co.uk for further information.

Hazelhead Lake (Newgate Foot Farm, Off the Sleights- Pickering road near Levisham)

Brown trout fishing on this 4 acre lake surrounded by moorland. Tel 01751 460215 for opening times and 2008 tarrif.

2. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

might have a few trips up scaling and lockwood this year, didnt manage many last year but i got some nice fish

3. Davo

Davo Rockling

Hazelhead lake sounds interesting. Have you ever fished it Ian?

4. bucko

bucko Guest

About 22 years ago. Nice secluded spot but very small meaning you're on your knees back from the water most of the time.
    We did see an absolute cracker jump in the twilight though of about 5lb- my guess is that it survived on a diet of smaller trout.
    If my memory serves me correctly then I recall that one half of the fishery had quite steep banks behind you meaning a steeple or roll cast was the order of the day.