1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Tags:
  1. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi lads. Now got 2 good rods for fishing the beach and rocks around whitby. Now most of us use just the one, as I know many of u like to hold the rod at all times. R there any shots where you would use 2, peir and sea wall at upgang spring to mind if quiet. Any others

2. cryo

cryo Blenny

I used to use two rods on the beach but it proved to be to much hassle as when the fish turn up generally you would get bites on both sets of gear at the same time. Also you miss to many bites whilst baiting and casting the second set of gear. There are some plus points with fishing one short and one long but as in my first sentence I found the hassle definitely out weighs the pluses.

Ken.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I agree ken. If on the beach it's one rod. But if not moving for 3/4 hours would u use 2. Must admitt that if I do use 2 I bait both and cast at same time/give or take a few moments. That way can watch em both. If no bite reel both in re bait out again