1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17lb Cod From Port Mulgrave - PB pig and a half cod from Port mulgrave 03/12/12

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by cod.ling1973, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/fishing-port-mulgrave

2. Safc Liam

Safc Liam Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

News to me mate, not saying it isnt true like but i live in hendon and there havent seen/heard any reports of 30 fish a session

Also, id say this is the best the north east has fished for years, especially the whitburn. marsden and ryhope areas, theyve been chucking quality fish out for about 6 weeks now. Long may it continue

3. bobby

bobby Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done john stonker of a fish :yes:

4. kingsa2

kingsa2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fantastic fish well done mate, I love Port I was thinking about the great fish that has been caught there today.

In my time I would say that is the best one for a long time, I will be going fishing the weekend and may just try to catch its father lol.

Regards
    Tony

5. p.robbo

p.robbo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done john, fish of a lifetime, what a buzz for ye

6. bow1

bow1 Rockling

well done on the fish mate ,a stonker!!!

i aint heard of big mop bags from pool area,thats my local area and fish it a lot.
    Lads aint reporting owt either.

Frustrating where theyve gone aintbit?

7. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

have you heard of a place called the lane??

8. kingcod deano

kingcod deano Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done mate that is a fish of a lifetime really a lovely marked cod who needs norway lol mint

9. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Superb very well done .

10. greg.t

greg.t Blenny

wow corkin fish well done! :surprise:

11. Baramundi Bob

2000 hits in only a few days. People like this one.

12. cod.ling1973

cod.ling1973 I will cast more than 100 yards one day :-)

Me too Glenn ive read this post 100's of times :laugh: Just want to say a massive thanks to everyone who sent the well done's and so on really hasnt kicked in yet still pinching myself :cheesy: Fingers crossed theres a few more of these about for you dedicated anglers.

Tight lines and thanks again

John D

13. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Re: 17lb Cod From Port Mulgrave - PB pig and a half cod from Port mulgrave 03/12

Been quoted in tonights evening gazette as "the biggest cod in living memory from our shoreline" ??? Not sure about that like,but a belting fish all the same. Well done john fame at last!

14. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Biggist i know caught round this coast is over 26lb caught by neil inglis who is a member on here thats the whitby sea anglers club record i have had an 18lb and 20lb cod from saltwich bay that was in the 70ss but nothing like the neils .

paul.

15. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i think the answer to the size of niels fish lies in his ste name n.inglis28.8 :whistle:

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

And it was caught from what normally would be regarded as mop spot long hole paul.

paul.

17. Baramundi Bob

Neils 28lber from Long Hole

[​IMG]

Bernard Vasey 20lber From whitby East Pier

[​IMG]

Brian Harland 18lber From Goldsborough

[​IMG]

18. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Neil's is the biggest I can recall but I think there was 3 big ones caught in the space of 2 weeks in the early 70,s from the brigg. They were something like 28, 30 and 33lb. Perhaps one of the Filey lads can enlighten us on this.

19. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Wouldnt surprize me ray some big big fish about in those days when i think back to the times on peir with no drop net and looking down at some monsters you had no chance with you knew they would bust you as soon as you tried to lift them.

paul.

20. Dav

Dav Rockling

Some fish that mate , a very big well done ....
    Frankie colling telt me about them big fish from the brigg a few years back .