1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

160lb kayak skate for Ken - how **cking Big !!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Apr 18, 2009.

1. newdave

newdave Guest

just got theis text from the beastmaster himself, cant wait for the pictures :scared:

I've had 1 between 140lb & 160lb, had one on the yak at 160lb + , we all had 5 up to now, weather beautiful.

Ken

[​IMG]

2. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

Re: how **cking Big !!!

:yes: that mans a yak leg end.. :yes:

3. Antony

Antony New Member

Where is he fishing ???????????

4. newdave

newdave Guest

Runswick Bay, oh maybe not :laugh:

Loch Crinan :yes:

5. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Come on ken get writing that report and lets see the photo's it sounds like you all had a great time ,talk about the loch ness monster :surprise: bring it on :yes:

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

the pictures will be fantastic

7. carpyken

carpyken New Member

What a day, I'm blown away, we had some amazing fish today, the weather is amazing, hot, no wind, amazing scenery. We had 6 skate between us, mine was 140/160 ish, managed to get a tape measure from wing to wing. I helped a lad called Steven up with his fish, a big male, a good 120 plus, got it to the yak and started pulling, we rafted up and I dragged it up - just wait till Neil ( Lindasfarne) loads the pictures - they are mental. I mean really mental, just know I'm going to get slated for doing it but it had to be down once.

Back out tomorrow, but will see how it goes, i'm hurting really and happy to stay away from the skate, 400 foot of water is a long way to drag any fish up.

Me and Spud are camping tonight on a proper site tonight ( car park last night) cleaning the kit and think we deserve a beer or three.

Write more later

Ken

8. smokey

smokey Rockling

Awesome fishing once again Ken :happy: When you get home,chill out and have a beer you will realise that today will stay with you forever.Can't wait to see the pics..Well done mate :educated: :cool: tight lines

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well i am just having my pizza then, :laugh: but would rather be fishing with you lot. well done ken

10. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

you better change the kayak league glen, skate and thornbacks, because true skate are not thornback ray

11. smokey

smokey Rockling

So what is a true skate big lad? A Rockling :whistle: :butt: :wink: :happy: tight lines

12. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Whattttt! Really wanna see the pics Ken.

13. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

:surprise: :surprise: well done Ken and the lads, fantastic fishing, looking forward to the pics

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah great fishing ken , looking forward to the pics n report..... :cool:...

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done Ken, another great catch. Im pleased it all worked out for you including the weather. Just another grey cold day down here in Yorkshire.

Looking forward to see your snaps.

16. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

Here's a wee taster, loads of pics to put on as soon as I get some feeling back into my limbs..... :hurt: :hurt:

Ten hours spent in the yak yesteday without a break.

[​IMG]

Neil.

17. Baramundi Bob

18. Baramundi Bob

Totally in awe. Ken is the kayak king.

19. langy

langy Rockling

Well deserved for all the effort you are putting in at the moment...thats a fish off a life time is that cannot wait to see the pictures :D

Well done Ken truly AMAZING ... Tight Lines

20. Baramundi Bob

Also a little news post here :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-east-fishing-news/160lb-skate-for-ken-from-loch-crinan