1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16 pound cod and 7 pound haddock, shore fishing Norway

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by skarnsundet, Oct 4, 2009.

1. skarnsundet

skarnsundet Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi everyone

Fished down at Straumen again lastnight at the slip way!! I thourt after friday nights double figure cod that there mite have been some better fish around again!!
    First was hour was just small coalfish and codling!!
    [​IMG]
    As the tide slowed the bigger fish moved in to feed!
    [​IMG]
    Then I got a my best shore caught haddock at 7 pound!
    [​IMG]
    After that I baited up with full herring, cut its head and tail off and wrapped a couple of lug on!!
    A nice 16 pound cod was my reward, I also lost a much better fish the cast after but I couldnt hold it in the current!! Never mind 2 doubles in 2 sesions, looks like the 30 will be coming soon!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If anybody is intrested in coming shore fishing here this winter just Pm me and ill send you all the details or take a look at our website www.skarnsundet.com

Cheers

Phill

2. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

your a luck sod :laugh: there cracking fish welldone look like there in top nick,

thanks for putting the report and pictures on great as allways

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done mate

4. langy

langy Rockling

Your reports get better mate well done :wink:

i'm not jealous honestly :whistle: :whistle:

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Amazing stuff....think there maybe a kayak or two heading over sometime in the future :happy:

6. newdave

newdave Guest

unless you want to paddle all the way, i cant see a sensible way to do it. unfortunatley the newcastle/Bergen ferry got ditched two years ago so it would mean driving from amsterdam or esberg :cry: mindst you i dont care how big the cod are, Norway in the winters not for me :no:

7. skarnsundet

skarnsundet Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Alright mate

Kiyaking here is neasy mate we have 3 Kiyaks here that are made for fishing!! Cheap flights are available from Stansted to Trondheim and there 110 quid return!! Its not that cold In winter here not for a tuff Yorkshire Lads!!

Cheers