1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15lb Ling Uptideing Today On Sea- Otter 2

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Mar 4, 2014.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

15 lb ling uptiding today and some quality cod as well full report later .

Attached Files:

2. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

Re: 15lb ling uptide ing today on sea- otter 2

That must have been a surprise to you Paul, and all those on board?. As you were uptiding, what bait was it caught on?.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

https://www.facebook.com/WhitbySeaAnglers/posts/10202958664469662

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Squid tony funny thing we had 3 ling onboard today the 15lb was biggist but we had another about 7lb and one about 5lb you do get big lings hard inshore jim midgeley from boat fishing monthly had that 19 lb ling in the uptiding festival fishing with myself last year in 40 ft of water you juts never know whats down there.

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Another cracking day at sea not a lot of wind forcast my old mate philip who i worked with when i left school on first job at 16 was onboard i didnt have anybody else booked yesterday but decided its was fun time so mysef dave my crewman and philip went to try and nail a big one .

It was lovelly day at sea we were the only charterboat off still a big tide and plenty of colour in the water for the uptiding i decided to head south some cracking ground down towards robinhoods bay which does actually hold some big ling and of course big cod as well last years uptiding festival winner a cod of 20lb came off this ground .

As soon as the anckor went down boat settled rods over it was litterally on minuites before they were bouncing plhilip was into a fish .

[​IMG]

A nice plump 6 lb cod which at the moment are in far better condition than those cod you are catching wrecking in the deeper waterwhich are very thin and slinky at the moment.

[​IMG]

It wasnt long before the day was once again turning into a species day a lesser spotted dogfish came aboard.

[​IMG]

Philip was saying he has never caught a ling upting would you belive it bang his rod nearly gets pulled over the side i was hoping iot was going to be a big cod then it surfaced a belting ling a lovelly clean fish and some very thick fillets for the table it was one of 3 we had from the same mark.

[​IMG]

2 minuites later philips rods over again dave is there with the net another ling around the 7lb mark amazing.

[​IMG]

The codling were coming steady for philip he was loving it a flat clam day blue sky little wind and fish and plenty of them .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All i can say it was pleasure out there yesterday chill out time for myself good crack and pleny of fish the upting continuies to fish well .

paul.

6. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Well done that man. Some nice fish there Paul

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

A lovelly day at sea carl summer isnt far away now hopefully and some really good fishing looking like a belting year coming up.

paul.

8. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I am booking my holidays shortly

cod help me !

9. stevie62

stevie62 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done paul on some decent fish.

10. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Some nice fish there Paul looks like a good day was had them little doggies get everywhere glad they aren't as prolific as on the west coast

11. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Cheers steve a lovelly day at sea yesterday and good fishing as well.

paul.

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Seeing more and more doggs this last year the lesser spotted type even the lads off the shore are nailing them it used to be spurdogs here once over stacks of them .

paul.

13. lobsterman

lobsterman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Been lining today Paul and must of had 10, in one place there was 4 hook after hook, wish seals would eat them and leave the cod alone.lol

14. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Amaizing the seals wont eat them but its the livers the seals like doest look like a belly full of liver on those doggys thats why they aint bothered with them a lot more of the lesser spotted these days rob though as long as they dont come like the pipefish did.

paul.

15. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Spurdogs now theres a thing i haven't heard of getting caught for years do you never get an odd one at all nowadays Paul

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Never seen one for years now there litterally millions of them in he 70ss incredible how they just disappeared.

paul.