1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 Pound Cod - Wreck fishing at Whitby - Wildcard Charter Boat

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Wildcard, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Wildcard

Wildcard Hartlepool Marina - Simply The Best

Forum member Foo caught a cod today off my boat which was easily 15lb and he immedietley returned it. He didn't want to photograph it or weight it. There was no prompting whatsoever from me. Great sporting gesture, video to follow.

Alan

2. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

Re: Wreck fishing today off Whitby

well done all the best
    vids nice though

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done on the release foo, nice fish

4. 105

105 New Member

nice cod for this time of year
    olafs is a good cod wreck
    well done Alan

paul

5. Wildcard

We had a sweep £5 per man and Foo won it. He wouldn't take the cash off the lads. Don't know what to say.

Alan

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thats a cracking fish Alan, well done Foo, beautiful day out there today dont you think?

7. Wildcard

We lost some big fish today, but Foo made our day.

Alan

8. jamier

jamier Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

wildcard when do your charters start?

9. Wildcard

Hi Jamier, we start chartering on the 14th of this month.

Alan

10. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Yesterday was my first ever wreck fishing experience.I have fished for as long as I can remember but never deliberately wreck fished.
    All I can say is what a fantastic set up Wildcard is and I completely and thoroughly enjoyed myself.I like many other members have had great days boat fishing but todays whole experience will live with me forever.Everything from the expertise and profesionalism of the skipper,the crack with the other lads and the encouragement,enthusiasm and knowledge of the owner made this a day to remember.I will be back many many times,though I might struggle to get a space once word of this boat and crews achievements and fantastic potential gets out.
    The cod I returned was my new personal best line caught cod easily, :happy:and I wanted to return it as quickly as possible as it was cleanly hooked and wanted to stress it as little as possible and give it the best chance of survival,it wasnt until afterwards I realised I hadnt photographed it.
    Another thing that hasnt being mentioned is all the other anglers returned good fish between 2 and 5lb if they were lively and cleanly hooked and undamaged,very well done guys.
    As for the sweep money I thought as I am a complete novice at boat fishing :whistle: :whistle: it totally unfair to take money from the experts until I am fully blooded :butt: :whistle: :tease:
    Future ventures will be a different story :yes:
    Thank you Alan and Mike for making my first wreck trip so thoroughly unforgettable and I wish you all the best luck for your forthcoming venture.
    As Arni said : Ill be back................................................

11. shadsrbest

shadsrbest Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Alan
    when do you start taking bookings as want to give you a try, when does the website come live.

12. Wildcard

I am pleased you enjoyed your trip with us Foo. I was impressed by the smooth unhurried way you fished all day and you will make a very good big fish angler I reckon.
    One of the Durham lads Dave Bruce did the opposite and lost a very big ling by riving and tearing before the hook was set properly.

What do you reckon to the tubi booms?
    The Durham lads had no answer for them and we kicked their arses all day long :cheesy:

Alan

13. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

The Tubi booms were spot on Alan,as they say the proof is in the pudding and we certainly kicked ass in the border wars lol.Such a simple invention and so effective Thanks for the tip and thanks again for the experience yesterday.