1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

14lb cod washed up at Port Mulgrave

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Bernie, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Bernie

Bernie Blenny

A Staithes fisherman who has sheds at Port just told me a 14 pound cod was found dead washed up on the scaur on the 31st. He thinks it must have been lost by an angler :cry: before it died :cry:- all he could think of anyway.

Can any forum member recall losing it ?

2. wilky

wilky Blenny

What a relief, thought I wouldnt see it again. Yes it was mine - distinguishing marks I noted before it fell off on the lift...big mouth, tail, errrr, spots. Please tell the guy to stick a stamp on it and forward to : 'Wilky, c/o Cloud Cuckoo Land

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Have you been visiting the area Bernard ??

4. Bernie

Bernie Blenny

Hi Glen - Yes I'm staying in Scarborough for a few days enjoying the crisp northerly weather :happy:! Ian Russell came out of retirement specially to take me to Runswick Sat night and I got a 5lber off the rocks on the left (kept away from the weed on the main beach).

Last night I got a 3lb codling at East Row just after high tide and 2 hours later a 2lb er at Newholm beck (outflow of that gulley you spotted a week ago) but plagued by undersize codlings as were the other 2 forum members who went away early to the chippie :hungry:

5. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

when i got my 12lber down there in the ship open last cast i lost one off that felt as big maybe it was this one that you found

6. Stevie

Stevie Blenny

Hi Sandlubber. Nice meeting you last night at Sandsend beach. Could learn a thing or two from you on marks. We just call Sandsend beach marks 1st steps and second steps and beyond then pick our mark depending on the wash over the sand banks. You got there 1st between the two and didn't want to crowd you really. :laugh: Oh that 3lb er could have been my 1st cod. :sick: Nice meeting you.

7. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

I bet its the one Lobbers lost the fight with. :hurt: :wounded: :yes: :wink:

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nice one Bernard, I understand you always were a bit of a beach expert. Im pleased you managed a fish out of that Gully. I was beginning to feel a bit stupid about mentioning it.

Its good to hear about the undersize codlings, I hope there is thousands of them in the next couple of months. We really are long overdue a good mop year.

How did Ian Russel do ?? has he still got the magic touch.

9. Bernie

Bernie Blenny

Yep I love the beaches Glen - half the fun as you know is checking the beach at low tide watching how the gulleys change week by week and guessing where might fish at different stages of tide if there's a bit of sea on. Big tides are always best. There were 2 anglers fishing your gully tonight - no idea how they got on. I went to Rabbit holes with Big Cod but nothing doing there except billet by 9.30 when we left to warm up in the Hart Inn. Nothing from Sandsend car park anglers either.

Ian R had no luck and only got an undersize codling on Sat, complaining that the ebb was to big for his favourite rock marks.