1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

14 lb cod today

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ringer, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

with this glorious weather continuing I had another run off in my boat this morning. the codlings were proving difficult to find and only had 2 from the first 2 hrs. I covered lots of ground and tried all my favourite bits of ground and some banker bits and pieces. plenty of undersized codlings and plenty of mackerel even on the shads.
    [​IMG]
    my first codling worth keeping. I was closer to saltburn than staithes
    [​IMG]
    decided to try close in under boulby on my way home and caught another 3 codlings up to 6 lb all caught in 50 foot of water. moved a bit closer in to 40 foot and within minutes of dropping down struck into this beauty
    [​IMG]
    it was nearly as wide as the boat lol
    [​IMG]
    maybe next time I catch him it will be wider as I released him to fight another day. I took a couple of pictures of the ropes at boulby to show how close in I was when I caught it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

2. mattiethomp

mattiethomp skinnygrove back alley shin kickers

Hopefully she'll be sat straight off split rock in September lol nice fish n nice to see a bit of catch and return well done :yes: :yes:

3. nevbob

nevbob Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done matey hell of a catch n seems a few beats are coming in as thats three reported sub 15lbrs caught in last few day alone :gum:

Nev

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Is that a PB Tim? Cracking fish either way. Looks like you were in casting range too :whistle:

5. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

Hi Ray, no it's not a pb. Had one 22lb and a 28lb ling when i was 14 or 15. got them both on the same drift. I was more excited about the ling with it being bigger. Had 2 about 17lb a couple of years back in a similar area and both of those were released as well. As for casting range it's a bit far for me :surprise:

6. bucko

bucko New Member

Nice one Tim- looks a lovely day in the Promised Land.
    Might be down for a pint and mooch with the plugs later on.
    Bag 'o' chain in tow- the new currency :happy:

7. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

yes mate should be nice. you'll have to have a look off with me, I could do with a bit of chain myself nudge nudge

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well in there Tim awesome fish. :cool:

9. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Cracking fish well done and so close in.

10. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done Tim, Fantastic fish on light gear. Seems a few good fish are coming out close inside.. Once again well done.. :happy:

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done Tim thats a lovelly fish and very good of you to return it so I can intercept at Sandsend as it heads south. Nice to see you back fishing mate, I was wondering what had happened to you.

12. Dav

Dav Rockling

Quality cod there Tim nice one mate :yes: