1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12lber out there

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by dylan2k10, Jan 23, 2012.

1. slug

slug Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done that man! i think you did the fish a favour, its ring piece looks really sore :wounded:
    nice pictures too!

2. Semtex Simon

Semtex Simon Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done Dave

just rewards for all the hard work you put in on the coast , a new PB too Enjoy the Fillets

so is there anything left for you now ??

Simon

3. cod.ling1973

cod.ling1973 I will cast more than 100 yards one day :-)

cracking fish Dave all the hard works paid off lets hope there's more about :wink:

tight lines

john

4. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well Done Dave, That's a beauty mate... :cool:

5. imonlycoddin

imonlycoddin Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

wot a fish.... a big well done :yes:

6. DiverDavie

DiverDavie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Where did you catch that! its class!

Davie

7. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Super fish Dave.....a good start to the year for you.

Regards Ian

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Cheers Ian....it's not been a great season so far, hard work finding fish but the stamp of fish has been good and this better one has made the efforts worthwhile. :cool:

Still plenty of time for some more.....just hope the sth west winds don't stick about too lomng before the next cycle of north westerlies......a proper pig has to come at some point......I ve got my eyes on two spots that I have confidence in and will give it while March beofre reverting to Spring mode.

9. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

nice one worm, that is a buck fish bud, hope i see a doubler for mefelf before the season is out, hav,nt had one over 10lb since 2007, its a special feeling when you get the magic double, it doesnt matter how many youv'e had evrery one is as good as the last, mind you if i never get another it wont bother me, i know that i will have enjoyed the hunt, catching all those 6,7,8 and 9lb'ers :whistle:
    well done again worm, you allways come up with the goods at some point, and i wouldnt worry about season time left to get a few fish, ive had doubles april, may and june when the bad weather northerlies kept the fish coming back to the shore, there is a pic of me somewhere on here with a 12lb'er off whitby west i broad daylight caught back end of april :yes:

10. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Cheers Paul....my cut off of March is because then I go back to tame fish hunting (carp) and casting a lead down a field along with some ironing board fishing :laugh:....which I know you love but are swimming in the Egyptian river about.....I know you are really the Mr Tumnas of the casting world (closet in case that went overhead ... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:)

Cheers though mate....it was a nice fish to capture and after a hard few weeks lifted my mojo again. :cool:

11. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i cant believe a man of your copper, actually looks forward to pulling(no lets do that again), allowing a big useless lump of muscle, circle you round a pond, then if you get the fat ugly, you guys even photograph it, then let it go, i mean come on, get a bit of polish in yer and fillet the barstards :laugh:
    i'll just stick to the big lake, where my optomism stays true, and i can eat whatever i catch :yes:

12. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

LOL...As expected a great reply...luv yer lobbers :wink:

13. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Cracking fish Dave, well done bud.....................

14. boro roy

boro roy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Propper cod there mate well done

15. dylan2k10

dylan2k10 Guest

thats a cropper pod is that

16. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done dave a cracking fish. A good gilly is a godsend on the drive now!

17. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

You're not kidding Ray, I lost a really big fish a few weeks ago in a club match. I d opted for the rock as nothing was showing on the beaches and I hooked into a big fish, got it in and a swell lifted up onto the bottom acropods but the swells were massive ...too heavy for on there really . I shouted to the lad with me not to go down the pods for the fish but he got carried away with seeing a big fish and was nearly washed off.

Not a good place to be in a heavy sea. Thankfully the other day it was flat clam and so gilling it was easy for the lad with me. :cool:

18. twd

twd Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well deserved catch there Dave. :happy:

19. ozzzy189

ozzzy189 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I am that man! My first fish to gill on the drive, thank god i nailed it!
    Up the boro -ozzzy. :-D

20. philkingcod

philkingcod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i no its a bit late but well done dave its a belter