1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

120 foot long landing net!!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Lobbers, May 30, 2007.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

anyone got one :'( :'(

2. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow New Member

;D ;D ;D, Lobbers i get the feeling you are feeling a tad depressed today ;D

YIS
    JS

3. Lobbers

just a bit, i've been fishing all night, hav'nt had a wink of sleep, dont think i'm gonna get one, i'm not exagerthingy... this was a fish of sodding lifetime!!

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

They say Bass are territorithingy so it wont have gone far. But as we both know Paul the big fish around here like to play under cliffs. Ask Mikefish ;)

5. Lobbers

glen ring me i need to talk to somebody :-[

6. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

8 pints of ale should get ya to sleep paul but i still woke in the middle of the night sweating and shaking after a sad loss on sandsend cliffs :'( :'(

7. Acko

Acko Rockling

Bad Luck Lobbers I know what it feels like. I lost a fish of a lifetime Last year in March. I still feel like I been kicked in the stomach When I think about it now.
    Its the only time I ever got P***ed at 7 O'clock in the Morning.
    I feel for ya m8.

8. Lobbers

having slept on it, im still gutted, i,ve lost countless big cod and you soon get over them but this was a huge bass, it could have been a record for the area :'(

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Theres nowt worse than loosing a big fish on the lift , as for the few minutes before your always saying to yourself please dont come off please dont come off, and what happens with a big un....gutted.... :'(

10. Lobbers

it was'nt on the lift dav, it finnished it's runs and came to the top of the water on its side, thats when everything ran through my head, my thoughts instantly skipped back to january when i got that double off the east pier, i could see the cod was'nt well hooked so i stood with it untill the tide ebbed right off, leaving it high and dry. when i saw the size of the bass, after the good scrap it gave, my first thoughts were that i've got it and i am going to hang on to it whatever it takes, and i would have stood with it for three hours if i had to, to stay attached. when you see a fish like that on its side you think your almost there, thats when it decided it was not going to give up that easy, and im talking tarpon quality headshakes here, and it was off :'( :'( :'(

11. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

:'( When you posted that you were going fishing yesterday I tried to post a good luck message back to you but I lost my server, spooky omen :eek: :eek:. It,s a bummer mate, just the same at Bemmo or Flam tops as the lads on here will testify, when they,re out of sight they,re normally safe not so when you get them to the top. I know it,s little consolation but thats fishing! and it,s what keeps you keen and helps you improve and just think if you get it again it will be even bigger :eek: :eek: :eek: thats if you can get in your spot ;D

12. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow New Member

Good luck next time mate, as im sure there will be a next time, and i bet it wont be to long coming.

Kind regards
    Jack

13. prof tench

prof tench Guest

Cor what a sickener Lobbers, I feel for you m8, it's the one's that got away that haunt you the most. I know it's no consolation now but I doubt if 99% of shore anglers ever see a bass of that size let alone hook and almost land one? You'd done all the hard work and landing a big fish there sounds like a gamble at the best of times, especially on your own, so don't get too down.

Some IoW lads we met reckon the groups of big bass there visit the same areas precisely the same week every year. I don't know how they worked this out and haven't had the chance to test the theory but make an appointment with that bruiser for next year when it'll be even bigger! If you do, can I come too, might even do some 'climbing wall' training in the winter!

Cheers, T

P.s. My fav hook for proper bass is the 6/0 (about std 4/0) Breakaway Spearpoint, which has never let me down, although I use fish baits and don't know how well they'd sit a big crab. Also they'd probably work out a bit pricey over the rocks?

14. dbrown

dbrown Guest

I agree with Ramrod i havent had a decent cod of flamborough coast yet but have lost 2 there and this makes me more and more determind to get one and everytime i go i try my hardest to get one.

Dan

15. Lobbers

i hooked a good cod off the same mark one night ed and what was supposed to be a daft couple of hours fishing, with work the next morning, turned into a late one, i thought i had a double fig cod, i was on my tod, so i tied it off, when i got there after having to fish 3 more hours catching more good cod(what a bummer), i picked it up off the rocks below the cliff, still attached to my trace. a 9.5lb beauty.
    that is what i would have done with the bass :'(