1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12 year old jack gets amoung the big ones once again on SEA-OTTER 2

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well all i can say is this young man certainly knows how to fish jack is only 12 years old but at his age what an angler he was showing his elders just how to go on and this isnt a one off i remember being his age keen as mustard this lad is a very good angler.

Jack get this cracking ling just short of 15lb one of a few we got today in the teens but he also still got amoung the cod with the shads as well.

[​IMG]

A nice cod as well for young jack on the shad.

[​IMG]

Some belting ling for the boys in the teens.

[​IMG]

This man gets a good ling but also did well on the cod.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers paul.

2. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Young jack is at it again being fishing with me for three days with his dad John this there last day more big ling for jack today pictures later.

Paul

3. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Top marks to young Jack who certainly showed all the adults how to fish for ling yesterday(17th) as he was top rod by a mile(he also had more than Killer) with a full box of ling with the occasional cod thrown in just for good measure! Lets just hope he doesn't enter any of the festivals as we won't stand a chance :wink: :wink: :wink:
    Well done Jack....Top lad and I'm sure its not the last we've seen of this talented little angler.

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Jack is an extremly good angler paul he nailed plenty again yesterday this one was another belter for the young lad well done jack.

[​IMG]

Some nice cod from today les got these two fish both very close to double figures .

[​IMG]

And a very unusal fish these days a anglerfish or monk as they are tended to be called but its actually an anglerfish not a big one but rare by todays standards it has a very large mouth.

[​IMG]

Wolsey with his prize.

[​IMG]

5. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

What a great angler young Jack is!

He thrashed us all that day on Mistress when you came with us Paul :laugh:

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Keen as mustard great to see jack and his hid dad john are with me in the september festival now it would be something if he got 1st prize with a monster he certainly knows his stuff does all the his traces baiting and unhooking of the fish himself for his age its quite amaizing .

paul.

7. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

hes a had good teachers Paul, he always listens and takes it all onboard, I think thats why youngsters tend to do well they listen and repeat what you teach em, he is a cracking young angler, well done Jack mate! he steers a good course too!

8. wilky

wilky Blenny

He certainly kicked my ass when I fished next to him on that trip - caught 2 for every one I got

9. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

My son's 27 next week and I still have to tie all his bloody knots for him :angry:

10. MrQuint

MrQuint Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Have to say I agree with all the other guys comments having fished along side Jack and his Dad on Avante.Jack's attention to detail is an example to us all.

Puts care and effort in to preparing the "deadly mackerel flapper" so no wonder he is able to catch the big Ling-he deserves to!

Catching cod on shads is second nature to the lad so at the risk of repeating what other people have said he is a credit to himself,his parents and of course not forgetting all the Whitby Charter Skippers for imparting good advice which is obviously well heeded.

Karl

11. jackling

jackling Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'm coming fishing this weekend those ling had better be hungry

12. Howard

Howard Blenny

Good to see some codlings showing amongst the lings Paul. A couple of yrs ago at this time of year they appeared big time around now on the flamborough wrecks.
    Do you think they will be some really big spraggs in numbers there seems to have been a good show of double low teen last few yrs but they struggle to bust the 20 mark ?
    If all goes well Ill be coming up ypur way later M8 !

13. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

It wouldnt surprize me howard if there was a cod in 20ss later this week in the competition with these small tides coming up the water isnt good at the moment but it should go like gin as the week goes on still some very nice ling about this winter and next year look very good howard with a masses of small codling about .

paul.