1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12 Cod at Marske 12.06.13

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Biker Jake, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

With the winds swinging SW me and the old man decided to go for a trip after work.

We launched in at marske and steamed off about a mile off in 40ft to find some decent scaur.

First drop in i landed two cod, one on the pirk and the second on the top hook of my trace.

4-0 to me and my dads still blanking at this point, he then pulls in what was the biggest cod of the day which was around the 5lb mark.

The SW was fairing strong so we were drifting at a rate of knots which was good because we were covering alot of ground.

After a few drifts we ended with 12 keepers and about 5 undersized which went back fighting fit. (hopefully size for me to catch in the winter :wink:) which for two hours of pirking im pleased with

Surprising not many pots about, its usually chocca during the weekend which son of a guns the drifts up.

[​IMG]

2. Groyne

Groyne Guest

Another nice haul, well done. The wind was a bit to strong for me. :sad:

3. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It wasn't that bad tbh our boat is only a bonwitco 450 its not the biggest of boats but it coped ok.