1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

11lber From the Holderness Coast - COD ON SAND

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Howard, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Howard

Howard Blenny

Been getting a steady show of fresh-run spring like fish on the Holderness last few days 2 - 5lb sample.

Today this large female turned up 11lb dead .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It christened my new penn 8000 that came yesterday (thanks W A S bargain @£77) along with a couple of smaller cod and some whitings. The one in the pic was just short of 2lb!
    Unusually the fish have been showing on the northern beaches on the small tides more so than usual maybe due to the prolonged southerlys.

Also worth mentioning most fish are been snaffled on Jellyworms top circle hook idea.

All on fresh yellows. Birds and porpoises working just inside of colour line so there must be sile about . Lets hope they dont start chasing them and leave the beaches.

Cliffs are a nightmare so best not catch too much ya never get back up. Crappy tides and weather now so all doom n gloom :-\ H.

2. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Re: COD ON SAND

Being sneaking a few off the sand here howard when conditions right wednesday night me and my mate steve had 3 each first 3 casts thought we were infor a cracking night but as soon as the tide turned it went dead which really surprized me still love the sand and i will get a big bag off it before the end of the season .

My mate steve with one of his fish my headlight is a bit bright.

[​IMG]

paul.

3. glassback

glassback Blenny

Re: COD ON SAND

well done howard a nice fish
    still nothing like the good old days ,but at least theres been a few more ,this winter

4. robq

robq Rockling

Nice fish howard 8)

5. tunstalldt

tunstalldt New Member

well done howard guna give it a go in morning mate got some bait of rich cracking fish that spragg

6. Mark

Mark Blenny

Well done Howard that's a cracker nice one .

7. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice fish howard,can't knock tha kid :)
    Cheers for posting ;)

8. lucy may

lucy may Blenny

Nice one H good effort. Not long now and get the boats in the water lets hope it's a sign of some good fishing to come.

D

9. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Here here Dave! Nice fish H!!