1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

11 Rocklings wins St Mary's Match

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Full Report Here

2. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

thats some going.11 rockling in a match.has he been taking lessons from mike fish :p

3. macky

macky New Member

Why are rocklings allowed in matches?
    and whats there size limit?

4. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

size limit is 25cm.as they are classed as a fish they are eligible to be weighed in.

5. Acko

Acko Rockling

Only thing concerns me about weighing in rockling is how many die during the process of weighing in? Poor little blighters. I personally ate rocklings and they aint nice. I tried em when I was a kid. I think only rockling that are alive should be allowed to be weighed in. (AND THEN RETURNED)
    I fished at Robin Hoods Bay other night I caught a tiny codling about 10 in long. It was a 50 foot drop to return it or else a 2-3 minute run to return it down the slipway.
    I hadnt thought of that? catching a tiddler at RHB.
    I dropped it the 50 feet I dont recon much to its chances but before I fish there again Im gonna invent a TRD. A (tiddler returning device)
    Am I going soft in my auld age? Or had anyone else thought of this?

6. Baramundi Bob

Put it on the spike of your gripper and lower it down.

7. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

as glenn says paul.put one of the grip wires through its gill cover and out of its mouth then lower it back down into the sea.keep lowering and the tiddler will come off the wire none the worse for wear.

8. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

Its amazing how the little tw*ts get a size 5 hook
    loaded with a bait in thier gobs..

9. Baramundi Bob

Once got a Rockling on a pennel made of a 5o and a 6o hook. It must of had to puts its mouth out of joint to get the bait in there.

10. smokey

smokey Rockling

Lol, i regularly get them on a 6/0 viking loaded with a housebrick size crystal ;) ;)