1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10lb Bass from the kayak (with video) North Devon

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by dizzyfish, Jul 8, 2011.

1. dizzyfish

dizzyfish Have it !

I have not been outkayak fishing much this year, but last weekend I managed a quick trip out.To be honest, I really did not fancy it, but my kayak fishing friends Adam and Dave persuaded me !

The weather was fantastic, but the tide was very strong and I spent most of the time drifting because my anchor kept tripping.

Adam was doing well, and Dave was having an absolute stormer of a day - he caught loads of ray, including this Blonde Ray...

[​IMG]

I was getting more and more tired and frustrated, so I took a break (I almost packed up and went home I have to admit !) - suitably refereshed after my beach food break, I solved my anchor problems and resumed fishing. Adam and Dave said their goodbyes, but urged me to stay... I am glad I
    did.... because I landed a new personal best bass - over 10lbs. My first ever double figure bass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jogdLaIjOTE

More information...

http://dizzybigfish.co.uk/kayak-fishing-fish-of-a-lifetime-10-lb-bass/

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=28

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Re: 10lb Bass from the kayak (with video)

Thats a stonking bass very well done. Am I right in assuming you are somewhere off the South coast judging by the countryside maybe ? Very well done

AHHHH Maybe I should have watched the video BEFORE posting lol well done great stuff

3. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Awesome stuff fella, thats a fantastic fish and equally as impressive video.....thanks for sharing :yes: :yes:

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

saw it on Anglers afloat dizzy, awesome catch!

5. congerball

congerball Blenny

Wow. Super stuff. Fish of a lifetime (IMO)

6. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

Very well done lovely fish

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Quality mate, a big well done. Also this shows the benefit of a good camera as those pics will act as a lifelong reminder of a catch of a lifetime.

8. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

excellent fish well done

9. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

What a superb video of your fish of a lifetime. I'm so pleased for you. Well done. :yes:

10. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

FANTASTIC fish :surprise: :surprise:
    Well done on catching it and a great video too :wink: :wink:

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

congratulations , welcome to the double club , great video as well ,
    your whoops say it all, :cool:

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

No-one likes a bragger Harry :wink: :happy: :laugh: . lol ya spawney git

13. dizzyfish

dizzyfish Have it !

Thanks - I have waited a long time to catch a bass like that. I tried from the shore for years and had quite a few around 5 and 6lbs. Fishing is a funny game - there were so many reasons why I shouldn't have caught that fish that day - sometimes I think maybe its meant to be, I thought I had a small tope (that's what I was really fishing for).

Glad you like the vid - they take ages to do and I really need to get a decent editor (I'm still using free Moviemaker) - as you say, its great to have it all on camera to look back on. Even that wasn't straightforward though - 2 of the cams decided to run out of juice just as I wanted to start recording - luckily I had a backup. Alot of prep went into that trip - but its great when it pays off (just a shame it doesn't pay off more often !).

Ps. Sorry about the whoops and shouts in the vid - I don't normally do that - and it makes me cringe watching it back - but I was quite pleased !

14. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Congratulation on a superb fish, quality photos too......thanks for sharing.

Regards Ian

15. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Superb fishing and video.

Amazed you kept so cool when that beauty came to the top,awesome fish well done.

16. hopper

hopper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

great report and pics too

17. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

congratulations Ian thats one hell of a fish great video & report tightlines Alain

18. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What a belter well done you bet you're still shaking