1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

103lb Of Cod From Boulby

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by big cliff, Nov 12, 2014.

1. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Winter Cod Fishing At Boulby Near Staithes

My son Martin , GJW and Brocky had a session last night down at Boulby it was a 2 car job leaving one at Boulby Village the other at Cowbar ,

after making the descent in the dark they started off on the ledge at the foot of the cliff the fish weren't
    long in coming ,

as the tide receded they fished near the rock fall , then onto Boulby Gulley , the cave , etc etc they ended up with 103 lb of cod best going around 7lb ,

on top of that they put several sizeable cod back , and lost a couple of good fish
    as well . all in all a good nights fishing , well done lads ==== Gary put some nice pics on Facebook

Attached Files:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Dav

Dav Rockling

Re: COD ON THE ROCKS

Great stuff lads. I much prefare the 2 car job when doing boulby especially when you have a bag of cod like that . One thing though remember to take both sets of car keys haha

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

What was the key story Dav ?\

4. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking session there chaps well done both of you

5. nicky

nicky Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Outstanding fishing lads

6. glassback

glassback Blenny

awsome fishing lads and a good stamp of fish
    as allways from down there ,just wouldnt want to climb back up
    cliff with them ,
    good idea though with 2 cars ,i bet it was greasy going down to .

7. limpet

limpet Blenny

well done lads, they look a good stamp too 8)

8. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

Yeah was abit slipping and the pole after the hose rope has snapped clean in half so please check before using that anchor, won't be long until it fails. Great nights fishing with plenty of bites and some nice fish returned.

Lee

9. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Nice bag well done

10. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sensational.
    Respect.
    That is 35lb's each to bring back up, on top of the fishing gear!
    f**k that!!
    :)

11. GJW

GJW Rockling

Yea it was nice to see fish about in good numbers, lets hope they hang around all winter..

As for the car keys Glenn, Me and Dav fished Boulby a few years back now and because it was going to be a late one, we decided to take two cars park Dav's at Cowbar and then I take him up to Boulby in mine that way we could go down the rope and fish our way back to Cowbar and pick the car up... Well we did just that and when we got back to Davs car which was early hours in the morning he realised then, he had only left his keys in my car back up on Boulby top....... Ohhh how we laughed. So off we marched back to my car up at Boulby.. Got in at around 3am and had to be at work at 5am.. Happy days..lol

12. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I still have a good chuckle when I think about that I can imagine you laughing all the way back to Boulby -- happy days

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I bet you laughed like crazy :) Bit like when I had to walk home from Goldsborough in the snow, getting to bed at 4am to be awoken by the police at 7 asking why I had left my car on a farmers track.

Cracking bag of fish by the way, you must have been well chuffed with that catch. What makes it better is it seems like you all got into them rather than just 1 of you which is often the case.

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

Happy Days Indeed .. certainly tested our fitness gary, ide probably collapse in a heap now hahaha

15. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done lads, thats a great session. Nice to see fish around in such numbers. Do you still go down the rope Alan?
    and do you still go fishing with Dav Gary ;D

16. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

The last time I was down the rope was when we did the episode for the programme coast , I will go down again , I might even climb back up but just to cover my options it will be a 2 car job

17. pouncer

pouncer Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done lads ,,Some nice fish there

18. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Fantastic catch lads, great stamp of fish...........

19. cps

cps Rockling

been lifting with fish this week well over 100lb weighed in in cloughten club tus night between 6 off us and the 7th missed weigh in with another 20 odd lb bag
    heard a top Scarborough angler had a 50lb + bag Tuesday night as well
    same story last night
    on that note im off to fillet some more fish inc a 4lb bonus bass I got tusday

20. goaty

goaty Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Amazing fishing well done! Bet your arms were goosed after carrying that lot about!