1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100th Scarborough Fishing Festival

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ramsrod, Sep 15, 2010.

1. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

don't forget the junior parr match taking place this morning, got my fingers crossed for my niece who is taking part!

2. smokey

smokey Rockling

Does anybody have any news or results of todays match?
    There's usually plenty of reports on by now :suspious: :happy: tight lines

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

As far as I know j . Robinson won with just over 8lb.

I had a rubbish day not a knock.

4. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Cheers Ducky.................as anyone got the full results, it would be great if we could have a daily result like we had with the Filey festival, i for one looked for the results each day.........................

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well just about got bag packed. And going to pick littlecod up if he has got up. Tight lines everyone.

6. newdave

newdave Guest

Sorry I cant help with the results although i will enquire if its possible to get hold of them as they happens so we can post them up as Adrian did for Filey. However i was there in the morning, firstly I was slightly relieved that following cancellation of the kayak comp the weather was as predicted & would have stopped us. disappointingly the first boat comp also had to be cancelled.
    [​IMG]
    I had volunteered to lend a hand with the junior parr competition which has been made a catch & release event for the first time. myself & Andy Crowe were tasked with looking after the east pier, with two more had the lighthouse pier.
    [​IMG]
    with not much water fishing was rather slow even Ian Thompson's expertise was failing to produce results for his two proteges :whistle:
    [​IMG]
    this young chap was down with his parents who admitted to knowing nothing about fishing which was a great disappointment to him as he is apparently obsessed by it (good lad) :yes:
    with the measuring duty's being rather slow Andy left me with it and decided to give the lad the benefit of his vast knowledge.
    [​IMG]
    after sorting out his rigs & teaching him how to cast 200yds the boy was soon transformed into a fish caching machine :yes:
    [​IMG]
    As the competition came to an end most of the competitors were catching & the catch & release was a big success, with the fish being held in a bucket until they could be measured & released
    [​IMG]
    the prizegiving at the coffee pot was just as well received as the all England & unsurprisingly a very familiar name was on the cup with miles I'anson top angler with over 2 metres of parr. Andy's new friend was delighted with 5th place & a new reel. his mum asked what time the shore weigh in was as he wanted to come down & see what Andy caught, I do hope the poor lad wasn't disappointed :laugh:
    [​IMG]
    the turnout was a bit disappointing, but those that took part really seemed to enjoy it & perhaps next year a few forum members will consider taking there offspring down.

7. PNGWIN

PNGWIN New Member

Smashing report Dave. That dose bring back some happy memories for me. Wet my first line there in Easter 1969 sat on a wooden fish box, a billet a chuck and grate fun been hooked ever since.

8. DJG

DJG Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Quick update on todays shore match , 1st monty burton 14lb 2oz, 2nd pete dunn 13lb15 oz 3rd mark smith 13lb 8ish , plenty of fish today you needed 5-6lb to get in the top 20 cheers dave.

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Thanks Dave.
    Littlecod (Luke) won juniors with 2lb 6 I think It was.
    I could only manage a mop one and half pound. Wet day but enjoyed it.

10. smokey

smokey Rockling

I thought you were going to clean up ducky :whistle:
    I forgot the juvenile age is higher in the scabby matches,will have to get langy out this week :yes: :happy: tight lines

11. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

4th MFC 10lb 11oz :whistle:

12. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

2nd had 5 fish for 13lb 15 oz mont beat me by 3 oz dropped one at my feet last cast never mind thats fishing for you bring on tonight lol tightlines :hungry: :hungry:

13. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

unluck on the lost fish pete, well done monty and our very own chopper smith

14. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Saturday's results from Evening News

1 Jeremy Robinson 8-7
    2 Paul Medd 7-4
    3 Iain Sellers 5-14
    4 Dave Bielby 4-2
    5 Alex Hoyle 3-12
    6 Mick Chadwick 3-10
    7 Adrian Colling 3-4
    8 Andy Crowe 2-15
    9 Martin Dixon 2-15
    10 Steve Hoyle 2-9

Junior

Alex Hoyle 3-12

Sweeps

1 Adrian Colling 3-4
    2 Jeremy Robinson 3-2

85 fished

15. robq

robq Rockling

Good start for you Iain :cool:

16. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

monday night match
    1st p medd 14lb
    2nd s ianson 13lb
    3rd m burton 10lb
    4th c stainthorpe 7lb

i was 6th 4lb 8 oz

17. newdave

newdave Guest

I have got all the results so far & will post them up this evening in the mean time this is last nights shore results, apologys for the formatting as i have just pasted it from exel, have asked for them the rest to be emailed as they happen so i will put them up as they arrive

Dave

Monday Night Shore

POSITION NAME ADDRESS WEIGHT
    1 Paul Medd 14 5 6
    2 Steve Ianson 13 7 4
    3 Monty Burton 10 9 14
    4 Colin Stainforth 7 1 2
    5 Andy Crowe 4 15 14
    6 Peter Dunn 4 8 14
    7 Phil France 3 15 14
    8 Pete Atkinson 3 15 4
    9 Dave Medd 3 0 14
    10 Simon Barker 2 14 6
    11 Jeff Walker M'Bro 2 8 14
    12 Grant Greenland M'Bro 2 1 6
    13 Mark Smih Redcar 1 11 2
    14 Paul Short G'Bro 1 10 8
    15 Stephen Gyte 1 5 8
    16 John Jackson 1 4 8
    17 Pete Bayes 1 0 10
    18 Jessica Barker 0 7 6

Fished 46
    Weighed in 18

Greatest weight taken by a junior
    none

Greatest weight taken by a lady
    Jessica Barker 7oz 6drams
    SUPERPOOL
    1 Monty Burton4lb 0oz 10drams
    2 P.Dunn and P.Medd 2lb 14oz

18. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Thanks Dave, its good of you to make the effort. I enjoy reading the results to see which lads are doing well. Nice to see Steve Iainson still has that magic touch.

19. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi Les, are you a passed winner of the all England. If so whats the story, what did you catch and where from.

20. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Thats great Dave, keep the results coming fella....................