1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100th Scarborough Fishing Festival

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ramsrod, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

100th Scarborough Fishing Festival 18th - 26th September 2010

This year the Festival Commitee have been working harder than ever to make the 100th Festival special.

There are 6 boating matches.

The UK Kayak Championship.

Also. 9 shore matches, 4 of these being Penn Sea League Matches.

The prize money this year is really exceptional :surprise: :surprise:

Anyone requiring any info please post here.

2. ste muir

ste muir New Member

What are the dates,times, boundaries e.t.c for the shore events please?

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Bring it on ray. Looking forward to the matches I can fish.

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Hi Steve, There is a shore match every day/night for the 9 day duration from the 18th sep-26th sep

the Saturday matches and Wednesday match are 2pm till 6pm
    Sunday matches are both 11am till 5pm. All these matches allow 1 hour to weigh-in after fishing time.

Night matches (mon -tues-thurs-fr ) are 6.30pm till 9.30pm and weigh-in by 10pm.

The Tues and Fri night matches are limited boundary (Argyle Gulley, Hyburn Wyke to Coble Landing, Filey)
    All other matches are between Whitby West Pier to South Landing, Flamborough.

There is also optional pairs for the weekend matches

All weigh-ins are at the Anglers Social Club at Friars Way Scarborough.

5. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Thanks Ray.Will try get down there for a day match.Tickets in advance or on day?

6. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

There are Schedules for sale for 50p each Steve and can be obtained from the following places
    Coso's Tackle Supplies
    GB Angling
    Rods and Reels
    North Bay Angling
    Also from Penny Teasdale Tel 01723 859480
    and at each presentation.
    Once you have the schedule all you need do it get the book stamped for whichever match/matches you want to fish. You only need one Schedule. All the info, rules, fish sizes and anything else you need to know are whithin these schedules inc info on special prizes, trophies etc.

7. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Im led to believe that tickets are also available at Filey Fishing Tackle Shop.

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Cheers Bill

9. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

looking forward to it, just the weekends though ( might fish tuesday night, paul medd tells me there's a few rods on offer, as prizes), been stroking me greens tonight and telling them they must do much better this time :cheesy:

10. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

If these sea come should be a good festival. Making it more interesting. Nice warm up for winter.

11. Lobbers

sea is kicking up allready duck, prefere it flat but your right, could make it very interesting :yes:

12. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Sod the flat sea. I hope its cold and windy. With big seas running. Fishing may be harder, don't know If it will be. But I enjoy it more, maybe I am mad.. :crazy:

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Congratulations to everyone in volved in the fantastic Scarborough festival. 100 years is something very special. A big well done to the likes of Pete and the committee who work tireless behind the scenes to make it all happen.

Best of luck to all who take part. May your fish bags be bursting at the seems.

14. Lobbers

you would be surprized duck, a lot of the scabby lads thrive off the rough seas, cos they cant compete with bemo, over the years some of the biggest bags and fish have come off rough seas, i love both flat and rough, but dont know what to do :baby:

15. Baramundi Bob

You need to learn marks that fish in swell Paul, that way you will do well regardless of the weather. Start looking at the likes of North Hawsker, Ravenscar, Jacksons and Hayburn wyke. It will pay dividends over time.

16. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

I will second that.

17. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Everyone will be wanting to do well this year as its 100th festival, and the chances of us being around for the 200th is pretty slim :whistle:

To put a bit of sauce on there will be some great prizes and over £10,000 in prize money for all events.

The first Sat match offers £500-£200-£100 for 1st 2nd 3rd

Sun £600-£250-£175-£150-£100

Wed £300-£150

Filey Brigg Angling Society are sponsering the fri evening match and the top 10 placings are all cash prizes.

The All England on the final Sun offers £1000-£500-£150-£140-£100.

The evening matches are well supported too!

There is a lot more on offer but it would take me all night to type it out :death:

Please take part if you get half the chance and lets make this a festival to remember.

18. Baramundi Bob

If we get any reports, results and pictures, will it be possible to keep them all in this one topic like the filey festival was please. Just makes it easy for anyone looking to keep up with happenings.

19. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Tight lines to all who are fishing. :ugly:

20. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

I second that, hopefully will be pushing pram c/w granddaughter around drive tomorrow during match time checking on all for following Sunday.

Cheers
    Les