1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100's Of Dolphins At Whitby 27th May 2014

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/realwhitby/permalink/1392436394328420/

2. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Being a lot lately glen we had a couple round us playing when i was on the 20 mile the other day once saw a couple of 1000 on passage quite a few years ago now that was a sight no camera that day never seen anything that spectacular at sea it was incredible to watch all the lads stopped fishing to watch them passing through.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

paul.

3. DK

DK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

would love to see that ;D

4. dabcatcher

dabcatcher Blenny

there was a pod of around 100 off southshields at the weekend. might have been the same ones.

there must be a lot off food in the area that they are following.

5. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yesterday morning 2 june, @ 05:30

one of the Whitby potters mentioned a pod moving up north

sadly only about 10 ventured up to huntcliffe.

non this morning, plenty of bait fish about at the 2 mile marks,

nice to catch some cod gorging on the sprats instead of squat lobsters etc

does this mean that these recent pods are staying around due to the bait fish about ?

or are we going to be lucky and have them becoming localised ?

6. lobsterman

lobsterman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I was going to work about a month ago bout 5.30 in the morning and me and me mate saw loads, they were right close in to the beach and as far out as you could see, that was at sandsend and some of them were jumping right out of the water. I lived in Whitby all my life and never seen dolphins that close in.

7. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

We were out on sea otter today and we were amazed to see quite a lot of dolphins in one spot. I counted around 6 or 7 in a couple of pods that were quite close together as we were moving from one mark to another. When you see something like that it never fails to put a smile on your face.
    BPBP

8. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

there must be a lot off food in the area that they are following

does this mean that these recent pods are staying around due to the bait fish about

maybe true, 1st mackerel this year off marske high, this morning some more "jumbo" size ones

like early run last year,

beware of tinsel Taliban showing.