1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 minutes too late

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Lobbers, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

went on whitby west in the cloughton today in the hope of a piggy, was joined by dan the pollock, well when two hours before top water and the tide rush came the weed came on thick, i think we would have had fish if it wasnt for the weed. four oclock came and we wound in. i told dan i was having another cast as the tide was topping and thought i might get something as the weed stopped moving, well i wasnt wrong ten past four me rod tip banged over, after a reel good tussle a bloke fishing near me was kind enough to go down for it for me, well ive just weighed it at 8lb 3oz gutted so would have been well over 8.5lb

ten minutes too late :angry: :angry: :wounded:

2. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

howdo, well done on the fish paul just a shame it was after the match finished

3. Lobbers

why you not out clubbing???

4. woody

woody New Member

unlucky paul

5. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Thought i was going to be late back to weighing today i was still tackling that rope at whitestones boulby at 3-45pm today that rope and climb is the hardest rope i have tackled when wet like today :yes: :scared: :scared:
    was worth it though manage to get 2 better fish out winner today paul short was next to me :angry:

6. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Some times the devil just vomits on your breakfast mate :yes:
    looks like you would have been in the frame with that as well, :crazy:

7. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Sorry forgot to say unlucky paul
    I bet there is fish on the pier tonite nice little sea and colour up that way :yes:

8. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well paul u did say u would get 1 after we left,just very unlucky the weed turned up or it would have been off to weight in,,

9. Lobbers

i dont think you were off the pier when i got the bite, i had a feeling when the tide slowed and the weed stopped there would be a cod to be had, with those big whiting getting caught in broad daylight you just know that there is enough colour in the water for the cod to be in the tide, sadly for us all the tide did was mask our baits with bloody weed, we would have defo had fish in match time if there was no weed, anyway one of them fellas from hull went down for it , and took a snap with my cam, our lass is busy wrapping presents at mo and refuses to help me put my pics on, ill get her to put all my recent pics up on the 50cc thread

10. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

good job some 1 was there,as they say shit happens paul,may be next time it be our time for good match fish