1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10% discount for Forum members, on Holidays in Norway

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Apr 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. newdave

newdave Guest

This is a follow up from a previous post about the new venture my Captain & good friend Odd, has started up on the Island of Smola in Norway, his first clients have had a brilliant time & 2 of the 4 groups immediately booked again for later in the year, I have also suggested he invests in a small fleet of Kayaks which has elicited some int erst, would be nice to get some feed back as to whether anyone would be interest.
    Odd has promised a 10% discount for Whitby Sea Anglers Forum members who book directly with him.
    Anyway I am planning to go over & check it out myself in June, & trying to persuade Ken & Fi to join us, hopefully to catch Halibut & other large fishes.

Unfortunately the website is only in German at the moment so here is a bit of a rundown & a link to a few photos from the first clients.
    http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj640/smolaferiesenter/

[​IMG]
    Superb fishing & family holiday resort!

Situated in a traditional fishing village of Straumen, this holiday destination offers ideal holiday retreats for families. Thousands of islets and skerries form numerous tidal currents and a diversity of depths by the coastline, while travel ling further and into deeper waters to find one’s own marks is thrilling as well, either way the fishing is superb! • Good habitat for ling, tusk, haddock, pollack, monkfish, halibut, coalfish, cod, sea trout, salmon • Freshwater salmon and trout fishing • Fishing for salmon and trout in tidal currents • Fish cleaning facilities • Fishing spots sheltered for the weather • Good and steady boats for rent, Kaasboll 19’ w/ 50 ps outboard or Oyen 17,5’ w/30 ps outboard.
    3 x Cabins with 2 bedroom (4 pers)
    1 x Cabin with 1 bedroom (2 -3 pers)
    4 x apartment with 1 bedroom (2-3 pers)
    1 x house with 4 bedroom (6 pers) Placed on Edoy, 10 minutes drive from Straumen
    From Dec.2012 :
    1 x apartment with 6 bedroom (12 pers)

Sea fishing

At Smøla the fisheries are a tradition going hundreds of years back. The local people have made their living at sea from what the sea brings. The areas between Hitra/Frøya and Smøla are of varying depths. You may catch ling, tusk and Norwegian haddock, and in the shallow waters and the edges of sea currents also pollack, coalfish, cod etc. Because of the thousands of islands and rocks there are tidal currents where sea trout, salmon and pollack are numerous, offering an interesting opportunity for fishing, also for those who want to try using the fly fishing rod. Even though Smøla is situated far out at sea and occasionally have rough weather conditions, there are lots of locations sheltered by the island and rocks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Freshwater Fishing

Trout Eldorado on Smøla Smøla - fabulous fishing for brown trout and sea trout all year round. Smøla is a unique pearl of nature on the coast of Møre.Trout Eldorado on Smøla
    Smøla - fabulous fishing for brown trout and sea trout all year round. Smøla is a unique pearl of nature on the coast of Møre. A paradise for sports fishers and nature lovers!
    Unlike brown trout most other places in Norway, those on Smøla are especially good early in the season. The mild winter climate makes it possible to enjoy excitingly good dry fly fishing for trout as early as April and May. And at the same time the vigorous sea trout are jumping in the numerous saltwater streams. It would be difficult to find a more versatile and varied area for trout fishing so early in the year. This is why Smøla was able to host Norway's Fly Fishing Championship so early in the season.

Smøla has mild winters. When other waterways close, Smøla opens again November 1. This is perfect for those who get the urge to go trout fishing outside the normal season. During the summer months you can go trout hunting in the long bright days due to the island's low horizon.
    The trout in most of the lakes are small but some can offer rough trout (sea trout which have stayed behind in lakes) from 1-2 kg. Brown trout up to 3 kg have been taken but the average weight is about 200-400 gram. Some of the good trout lakes on Smøla are Kongevatnet, Sandvatnet, Kystvatnet, Storvatnet and Fuglevågvatnet.
    The sea trout lie and wait in the numerous tidal streams. Some fishing spots are the meeting places for several streams coming from various directions - this combined with excellent fishing is a fantastic nature experience. There are plenty of sea trout but they can be a challenge. Normal size is 0.5-1 kg, but fish from 2-4 kg are caught frequently - some even as big as 5-6 kg. During worm swarming in the spring it is not unusual to come in contact with trout up to 3 kg.

Fishing at Smøla

At Smøla you have the opportunity to fish in the lakes on the island, as well as in countless tidal currents. You'll find more than 100 lakes containing trout, so there's no fishing queues. By car or boat you may travel around the island to find your personal fishing spots and really enjoy the exciting sea trout and brown trout fishing. In most of the lakes the trout are rather small, but some will have really big brown trout (sea trout that has been stationary in the lake) between 1 to 2 kg. Occasionally brown trout as big as 3 kg are caught, but normally the fish will be between 200 to 400 g. Some of the good trout lakes are: Kongevatnet, Sandvatnet, Kystvatnet, Storvatnet and Fuglevågvatnet.

In the countless tidal currents sea trout are luring. At some locations currents from different directions meet. In addition to very good fishing, this is a magnificent nature experience. Sea trout are numerous, but may be tricky to catch. Days with no fish are not uncommon when chasing the sea trout. BUT if you get the right conditions, you may catch several in short time. The normal size is between 0,5 to 1 kg, and fish between 2 to 4 kg are not uncommon. The biggest fish caught are between 5 to 6 kg, and during the large bristle worm swarming in the spring, you have a good chance of contact with the big fish.

Fishing locations at southern Smøla
    In the areas Rangnes and Rossvoll are many tidal currents and bays that seems to be made for sea trout angling. Good opportunities to fish both from boat and land. At Ragnes there are good bristle worm swarming in the spring. When bristle worms swarm, the sea trout guzzle, and the sea trout fishing is excellent.

In the surroundings of Jøa, Jøstøl, Klakkan, Kvistvågen, Fuglevågen and Ersnes a lot of good sea trout locations are found. Jøa is an excellent place to try fly fishing for sea trout, with many small currents. On the road toward Jøa there's a small bridge, which is a great departure for land based fishing. Here you find a small parking lot as well. By Ersnes andKlakkan you may have a great catch during the enormous bristle worm swarming on warm days in April..
    Andskottstrømmen and Storstrømmen are locations with lots of sea trout, at Andskottstrømmen there will normally be quite a bit of big fish.

Boat
    To fish for sea trout, it's advantageous to use a boat. You will have many currents available that can't be reached from land. The boat you can rent from Smøla Feriesenter.

[​IMG]

Smøla Feriesenter, weekly rates in Euro 2012

01.04.-01.10.
    Holiday cottage with 47 SQM, 2 bedroom, 4 beds 706,-

Apartment 38 SQM, 1 bedroom, 2 beds 589,-

In all the accommodations, an additional bed is possible price per extra bed 51,-,

Cleaning 90,-

Kaasbøll boat 19 foot / 50 HP / depth sounder / Chartplotter 605,-

Øien boat 17.5 foot / 30 PS / depth sounder / Chartplotter 440,-

For bookings less than 7 days is a surcharge of 77,-€.

01.10.-01.04.
    Holiday cottage with 47 SQM, 2 bedroom, 4 beds 565,-

Apartment 38 SQM, 1 bedroom, 2 beds 471,-

In all the accommodations, an additional bed is possible price per extra bed 51,-,

Cleaning 90,-

Kaasbøll boat 19 foot / 50 HP / depth sounder / Chartplotter 605,-
    Øien boat 17.5 foot / 30 PS / depth sounder / Chartplotter 440,-

For bookings less than 7 days is a surcharge of 77,-€.

• Apartments and bungalows for 2-4 persons, on the waterfront
    • Living room with integrated kitchen, seat and dining area, satellite TV, Wi Fi Internet,.
    • Electric heating, bedroom with twin beds
    • Kitchen with electric water cooker, coffee machine, refrigerator
    • Bathroom with shower / WC
    • Terrace with sea view
    • Filleting room filleting space, freezer facilities, cooling cell

Contact Info
    Phone 004790631569

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Best of luck to Odd, I'm sure his new venture will be very successful.

Prices seem ok as well, it's the flights that bump the price up. I'd love to go if I ever have the spare money :yes:

3. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Sam you could always Paddle Across & do a bit of trolling on the way ?

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:laugh:

As long as I can get a tow back off you :cheesy:

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=288

6. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi sam my haulage / towing rates cheep enough

7. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

what the hell is that big black lump at the bottom of the second picture????

8. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

catfish and a monkfish tail by the looks of it

9. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

think the bottom fish is a wolf fish

10. andym

andym Rockling

Catfish is just another name for the Wolf fish

Looks excellent fishing out there but a bit cold for me

11. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Bit cold for you Andy? Thought you were hardcore bud, ya big pansie :kiss: :whistle:

12. andym

andym Rockling

Sorry I should have said a bit cold for a holiday I'll stick to Florida's Gulf coast but as far from the theme parks as I can get :vomit:

13. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Ahh, that makes more sense. So you are a pansie that doesn't like theme parks :laugh: :laugh: (sorry :embarrass: )

14. andym

andym Rockling

Nah just a pansie that's not too keen on looking at XXXXL yanks and chavie British tourists :laugh:

15. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:laugh: :laugh:

Good one bud :cheesy: