1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 danish trawlers

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by slawie, May 2, 2013.

1. slawie

slawie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just looking at the live ships map and theres 10 danish trawlers just off the yorkshire coast so there must be a lot of fish out there hope thay dont do what the french did and come in close when it gets dark

2. Pugwash

Pugwash Blenny

I saw them aswell, 63 miles offshore from Whitby, as you say lets hope they stay there.

3. smokey

smokey Rockling

They've been there 2 weeks,fishing dogger bank for sandeels,which go's for pig food and fish farm feed.

If you think thats bad take a look at the size of these boats,i'm not sure what they are fishing for,it could be mackeral or some other palageic species but they are mainly russian and faroese boats and they have been hammering the same area for the last month or more

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

4. kencoddy

kencoddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i now count 15 boats they will be nowt left can the north sea stand up to this :crazy:

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Wait till the 1000 windmills get contructed on the dogger bank in theory should stop that type of fishing there, these doggy do do fishers as they are known take 1000ss of tons of sandeels every year from the dogger bank birds are starving fish are are starving the sandeels are part of the eco system in the north sea when will man learn cod once over were stuffed with sandeels you never see them in there stomachs anymore .
    Also you cant tell me that these boats only catch sandeels with there tiny meshes i wonder just how many very small cod ,haddock whiting etc who probably are feeding on sandeels get mixed in with the 1000s of tons of sandeels which are getting scooped by this type of fishing which in the end most of it gets put on land as fertilizer.

paul.

6. slawie

they must have emptied it they have all gone now judging by the size of them they must have got a lot of fish they were between 40 and 60 mtrs long

7. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Its a bloody scandal Paul it makes my blood boil

8. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

I feel exactly the same mate,but what can we do?it seem's that everyone in the world takes the piss out of this country it's time for the government's to grow some b------k's if it was gas or oil they where exploiting I think thing's might just be a little different :wounded: :suspious:

9. robq

robq Rockling

And all those sandeels go to make pellets to feed farmed fish !!

Anybody who buys farmed fish thinking its an enviromentally freindly choice is wrong :whatever:

10. kencoddy

kencoddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just had a look at the ais the 12 boats are back fishing the same grounds as before no wonder all puffins are getting washed up with starvation

11. slawie

yes i saw them earlier they only left for three days and they are now back raping the same grounds i dont suppose they will stop until everything has gone

12. Woodsmanuk

Woodsmanuk @woodsmanuk

Someone must of dropped a big bag of tenners!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe 50's?

13. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

It beats me how it stands it but you just have to look at the waters of this coast sandeels are litterally no existant as to what they used to be i know why whitby beach doesnt fish anymore for cod there aint any sandeels there anymore in any numbers years ago when that beach used to fish well all the cod you caught there were stuffed with sandeels i bet if the practice of catching 1000s of tone of sandeels was stopped things would do a massive about turn in no time plus there would be an abundance of food for the birds like puffins which they say are staving how the hell it is still allowed to go on i dont know.

paul.

14. Cartman74

Cartman74 Guest

I don't know why we bother having these pointless debates, fact is you-we can't do diddly about it. The powers that be, including the UK puppet government serve the corporations and they are, no have taken your birth rights away from you. I say you as you all live near the sea and you cannot compete with the corporations. Get used to it or do something about it. Even if you tried some sort of direct action those big ships would crush you or the UK coast guard would arrest you and slap a big fine on you and that's why none of us will dare oppose them as we won't risk losing our house's and all that. We are all full or hot air, it's a shame really as we blame our government but it is us who vote them in and have done off the back of their lies for years. When will we learn, never I fear.

Peace

15. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

You are dead right cartman74 we cant do anything but it does need highlighting these doggy do do fishers are doing untold damge to the marine enviroment they keep saying its sustainable they kept saying the trawling on the grand banks was sustainable till it doggy do do itself.

paul.

16. Cartman74

Cartman74 Guest

I know it does Paul and I'm sorry if I come across a bit cross lol but if this was near France they'd all be out closing the shipping lanes, we in the UK just moan and I include myself and do doggy do do about it.

The fact is the elite and the politicians have ownership shares in these eco destroying ventures and have done for years and they don't want to hear our opinions as they want the revenues to feed their fat land loving guts.

It makes me mad but I'm trying to stay calm when people on see the pound signs and not the long term consequences. And when they have ruined that part of the eco system and it is no longer profitable they will move on to the next part and the peasants, us, won't be able to do doggy do do.

Highlighting it will not even turn their heads, no sandeels? nevermind we'll have your pollock next then your bass then your mackys and whatever else we want lol

Sad state of affairs

17. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

They are palagic boats catching and smoking.mackrel at sea we went for one of there crew last week on the lifeboat the boat we went for was 89meters long they look like a coaster with a trawl on the back of them. one of our whitby trawlers would of sat on its deck 2200 tonnes