1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 for u oldies out there :P

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by codfather911, Oct 3, 2011.

1. codfather911

codfather911 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just accuired a rod for nowt its got a 4 foot alloy but and a 8ft tip section what rod is it it has no writing on it so which oldie knows what rod it could be :p

2. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

could be a old cono -flex cod 6

3. codfather911

cheers i was thinking the same and so did my dad just wanted to see what others thought cheers for the quick reply :d

4. robq

robq Rockling

More than likely an early conoflex :yes: there were a lot about and most that hwave been rebuilt several times will have lost their labels and identities.

COD or DC either 5 or 6 would be my guess

That would be the most likely but it could be a zziplex too ?? the early 2500s and NG1s and a few others had alloy butts but they were slimmer than the conoflexes.

5. codfather911

yeh when i got it , it was covered in insulators tape stripped it back and its not bad looks really stiff but quite slim cheers for the help :D

6. pmac

pmac Blenny

ABU 484 had a alloy butt, but it had cork on the handle and 11ft 6" long

7. cps

cps Rockling

snapaflex dc 5,6 or 8 or could be any of the cod range , also pete morten or somthing like that made simler

8. Peeping John

Peeping John Blenny

Abu 484b had ally butt covered in a type of shrink wrap with duplon hand grips, wire rings, gun metal grey and about 11' 6".

9. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i have a duralloy butt
    conoflex cod 6 and its doesnt have an 8ft tip ,the tip is not a lot longer than the butt ,next time i,m digging in the shed i will get hold of it and put the lengths on here.

frank.

10. cps

cps Rockling

they did a couple of types of the cod 6 the ones with the 8ft tip and the ones with 2 equal sections , the but still had a piece of ally for the bottom 4 ft

11. frank avey

your spot on mate, you can see the alloy if you take the butt cap off ,
    i,ve had many a good night with mine years ago when you could do a dozen cod out of scarboro north bay over low water,my record was 26 fish , pity those days are gone .

frank.

12. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Frank ive had many a good night fishing rawlings bottom years ago when you could catch a 4lbs cod most nights all you catch now is bloody cold thats when i used a cono flex cod 6 & ABU 7000 also had a tony taylor pateke morton 13 ft bought from prichards them where the days Ha Ha just thinking back by hell sylcast line was the stuff to have mile spool of 15lbs £20 talk about thumb burn bloody thumb hurts now its not thumb burn hit the t-at with a hammer talking to my lad this afternoon told him to iss off but knagg bloody knagg wanted to borrow £50 theres me £50 down and a throbbing thumb tonight tightlines Alain

13. frank avey

used to spend a lot of time fishing rawlins ,the bulge and the one nice hole in between them where you kept the white wall behind you ,all these only ever fished after dark but cod came out all the time and the odd biggie ,my best out of rawlins was 8lb but heard of an 18lber .
    then the drive back to leeds avoiding drunks staggering all over the roads in scarboro after the clubs had shut and of course the obligatory kebab to warm you up .

frank.

14. brigaz

brigaz Blenny

i still have my tony taylor pateke morton sc6 and use it every summer up at flamboro it can crank them out of the weed.its not quiet the condition as it was brand new about 30 years ago.

15. jethro

jethro New Member

I still use my old Bruce and Walker CX500. Cracking rod and some 30+ years old. I do however use a newer 7000 reel.

Jethro

16. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

could be a century tiger i had one as a kid 4ft alloy butt 8ft top it was a thinish rod but had plenty of power.. would love another i cast the top section off top of cliffs above runlings years ago kept butt for a gaff

17. codfather911

whatever it is itl b having its 1st run out 2moro night just need a tip ring fitting and it should b good to go nowt special but gets me out of house :D

18. jethro

jethro New Member

Good luck mate, hope it goes well for ya!!

Jethro