1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

🍟sandsend anyone?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Deepdiver, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Deepdiver

Deepdiver Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi guys. I'm at caravan park nr sandsend for a few days so thought i'd go out on me yak To sandsend nr whitby if anyone knows the area and can give me some advice on where to fish or would like some company gimme a shout ! Ta fellas 😊

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Can anyone offer any advice for deepdiver please.

3. stonefish

stonefish Any fool can criticise , complain and most fool do

col
    i know they catchin at skingrove
    thats before ruswick i dont know up there to well matey but you can launch at runswick and paddle left out the bay :wink: that should be a fishy place
    there are loads of yakkers up there some one should be able to help more than me!
    al

4. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

im no yakker if it was me launching a yak id use the carpark at sandsend and have a paddle out n about there first you can aways go round the corner if needs be come you lads with yaks help this guy out

5. codnchips

codnchips until the end

hi mate. im new to kayak fishing myself but i would suggest skinningrove. nice easy paddle with ample parking and your soon in deep water. and plenty of fish getting caught. just be careful there is no fog as it nearly caught us out last weekend but none is forecast within next few days. hope this helps.

6. andym

andym Rockling

Ive not fished from the kayak around there before but I would echo what willybendit has already said launch from the carpark and head out and north around the cliffs or park on the roadside on the road out to whitby not sure but think it is free parking there

7. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

I've fished round there a few times you can either launch from sandsend or runs wick or runswick bay and go around towards fillet tail which is on the right hand side of runs wick bay you could do with tagging along with sam or matty or dan who fish the area a lot I've just been looking for a map matty put on the runs wick kayak comp last year but i can't find it

8. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Never launched from sandsend but fished runswick a fair bit. when are you going? If im free i may have a paddle out with you

9. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

you can launch from sandsend and fish the hard ground just off the cliffs at sandsend, or fish the soft for flatties. you could also drive to runswick, launch there where there is loads to go at. As codnchips says skinny is a good bet especially early in the season, but be careful of the wind as it is quite exposed.

10. Deepdiver

Deepdiver Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks guys for the feedback. Will deffo be going back there great launching areas for kayaks shame the fishin was pants tho lol at least the weather was fab !